5a meta continuous beesting

I’m a 5a player and I’ve seen so many routines do this infinite bee sting thing, and I was wondering if anyone knows it / knows a tutorial for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lk4HgyHXMc 0:51

1 Like

Can you consistently double on beesting? If you can’t, learn and practice the heck out of that before trying to do it as a repeater.

Once you can consistently double beesting it’s kinda self explanatory, it’s just hard. I don’t think there’s much any tutorial could really say about it, it’s one of those tricks you really just have to feel out for yourself because of how involved it is in relation to your yoyo/counterweight/string length/string proportions/how you move your hands/etc.

3 Likes

That’s what I tried, but the cw is spinning too fast to un-undermount the yo-yo with one hand

Can you post a video? It’s hard to give advice without seeing where you’re going wrong.

My advice would be you need three tricks that need to be in your blood.

• bee string + double on/off
  • reverse bee sting
  • 360s

Then it comes automatically more or less.
First round you go double on then it is more just a ping pong one on one off back and forward.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I have long given up on learning it :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I can’t take a video rn but basically when I go into an undermoint and try to pop it back out, it just sort of gunslinger’s if that makes sense and doesn’t actually unmount

I can picture what’s happening exactly. It’s how everyone’s beestings look at first. There’s a few keys to beesting and one of the main ones is momentum. You really need alot of initial yoyo speed, don’t focus too much on the CW speed, it will do it’s thing. I like doing beestings from an Unrolling Double or Nothing. This gives the yoyo a ton of speed and momentum. The second key is a slight pinch of the string, keeping the yoyo closer to your hand and just generally making the trick easier. It’s a pointer and middle finger pinch. Over time, you won’t need the pinch anymore. This is more of a crutch for learning or for saving your self mid combo when… your momentum is low.

Very tricky trick, the bee sting, but once you get the movement, you’ll be warming up with beestings.

1 Like