55g Full Sized Prototypes just got in!

The Prototypes came today and it is Everything I hoped for!! I’d like to thank Rob owner of Airetic Strings for the expertise in making the design a reality :facepunch::slightly_smiling_face:It Plays so Quick, Precise and Stable and is the perfect Tweener for my Crucible 50g, Ace Yo Air 52g and Float 60g. Can’t be happier with the whole process.

56mm x 43mm 4.62mm Gap 55g 7075 Al

19 Likes

what a pretty looking throw!

2 Likes

That looks Pretty nice, what is it called?

The “55” for now :wink:

1 Like

Looks great! I like the name btw.

I love that shade of purple dude. Awesome work.

1 Like

Very cool! I like that you decided on a tap-through axle. Great way to lower total mass & increase axle length without reducing rim weight.

1 Like

Oh that looks nice! I’ve been leaning more and more towards lightweight throws lately too.

1 Like

The new axle is call “Tune Thru” Technology, you can fit a wrench it it and tune without taking apart, and no more stuck axles!! :facepunch::joy:

3 Likes

I know a little something about light yoyos, this one looks good. Shape is a bit bland but I bet it slays.

4 Likes

That purple is amazing man! And 7075? Sounds like a v nice yoyo indeed!

2 Likes

Blofeld since you “retired” I thought I would pick up the mantle of the light throws :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’ll probably make more in time with OPYOYOS. They will obviously be different to current and past designs though. I got ideas for a 55g bimetal. There’s even a 50g bimetal design in there. Anything is possible.

In the mean time, send me one of those and I’ll give it my blessing :wink:

5 Likes

There’s only five in existence and two are going to my partner and I’m keeping two but that said… that leaves an extra one that I’m considering of allowing it to travel through the community :thinking: that’s only if people promise to play it over carpet keep it safe and send it to the next bloke. :hugs:

3 Likes

haha I was just messing around. Letting one travel around is a nice idea. Risky though

2 Likes

If the first person who gets it “loses” it, then I guess that would justify a full run.

1 Like

Cup reminds me of a burnside

I do see that but I didn’t even think of the Burnside. The Draupnir, MMC, Metal Severe and Fulvia were my main draw upons for this one.

Brilliant - if you leave the hex wrench inside the axle you also get a super-dangerous spinning “side effect”

2 Likes