4A Throw Trouble

So I’m new to 4A (and to the forums!), and I’ve come across an occasional problem during my throw.
Sometimes when I throw, the yoyo doesn’t disconnect from my string, it just yanks back and hits my hand (and hurts! :frowning: ).

I’ve been reading about this, and it seems that part of the problem is my throw: I am a little too cautious when I throw and I could be pulling back right at the end, causing the problem.
Another part seems to be my bind: I’ve always had trouble binding in 4A, I give forward momentum and cross the string, but the yoyo proceeds to fall off the end of the string with no tug whatsoever. It’s only recently that I changed my bind up a little bit, crossing the strings more and giving more slack, but I think that could be causing the slack to sort of knot around the bearing.

So that brings me here. Does anyone who’s encountered this before have any tips to offer?

EDIT: Narrowed it down to the bind. That’s definitely where it’s knotting.
Thanks,
~P

The back of my throwhand regularily gets a beating, worry not. Its a thing that comes with 4a. Just keep working on cleaning up your binds and you’ll be fine.