4️⃣🅰️ Everyday — (former 4️⃣🅰️ Offtober 2023)

So my 4A coach (no name dropping here, because my dreadful 4A would actually negatively reflect on his tutoring) pointed out this new Magic Yo-yo model.
If anyone out there in forum land is looking to get a feel for 4A, I can say from a beginners standpoint that this is the nicest entry level I have tried. It is smooth, nice feel to the sides, not too sharp, and the spin time is good. There are no spacers or anything to mess with, the new set up seems like a good amount of grab on the binds. The only drawback that jumps out to me is that you can forget about doing finger spins, but that’s not really entry level 4A.

6 Likes

Do you know the name and price?

T2, it’s pom, 26 dollars.

1 Like

Honestly such a great 4a throw! It is a bit light and fast but honestly for the price you can’t beat it for an entry level offstring imo. Very capable! Planning to pick up a pair of them for filming outdoor 4a vids since my previous outdoor filming throw may or may not have sunk in the river the day I flew out to worlds :grimacing:

6 Likes

Also, since I haven’t posted my videos here in a while, here is an updated competition combo I filmed today that I’m pretty happy with overall! I post my 4a tricks pretty often to my Instagram Daniel Garrett (@dan_dan_the_yoyo_man) • Instagram photos and videos and YouTube https://youtube.com/@danielgyoyo so feel free to check them out there if you’d like to see more! I don’t always remember to post them here since it requires me to either upload to imgur or post the links here.

6 Likes

Oh those slow motion tutorials are great, thank you!

2 Likes

I’m glad! I’m planning to make more 4a tutorials so stay tuned!

3 Likes

Man… you have gotten so smooth with that thing, and you have added some really cool elements in there.

3 Likes

Yo thank you so much! Been working really hard on it and I’m happy with the progress so far :grin:

4 Likes

Great progress! Respect you got better and better really fast.

3 Likes

Does anyone have any tips for doing an offstring breakaway? I have been watching this tutorial, but I can’t seem to get it to not just fly away past my NTH. Also, am I seeing it right that the string is on the opposite side of the yo-yo from a regular breakaway?

3 Likes

When I practice it I try not to throw very hard, then it is a matter of the right amount of downward force with your nth. It happens very quickly, if you don’t push down a little on the string right away, it will just fly away like you describe.
The string orientation and release is just like a regular break away.

3 Likes

Any plans for an offtober this year?

2 Likes

would yall put it above the yyf intro models in that same range? I’m circling back around to 4a and just saw this

1 Like

I didn’t even make it a full month before giving in to the temptation to get one of these! It still definitely has enough oomph to knock over breakables, but this should be safer for the walls and furniture.

1 Like

I’ve only tried it a bit at worlds but my intuition would say yes. That said I still need to grab one myself to really put it through paces but it was quite good at worlds

1 Like

Yes, and I’ll hopefully be creating some of the tutorials for it with the yoyo boomer club :grin:

3 Likes

Great tips! Ditto to this, it’s mainly that downward motion with the non throw hand as the yoyo is about to leave the string.

3 Likes

Well, it feels smoother to me, and it is not as sharp if it kisses the back of your hand on a snag, so I like it. I grab it first if I am going to the park, unless i want to practice finger spins. I seldom use the YYF guys any more because I snag them a lot. Be advised, I am really entry level at this.

4 Likes

Well gang, I tried 4A for the first time today with a MYY K2 Crystal…

after landing on the string first throw, I stared in excitement and then forgot what was happening! :laughing: I haven’t quite nailed returning it but I see the hype! I also see why using a standard yo-yo isn’t super popular.

5 Likes