4️⃣🅰️ Everyday — (former 4️⃣🅰️ Offtober 2023)

Watching the 4A live feed from Nationals was great.
Does anyone know of a tutorial for the fast start most of the players used? It looked like a wrap around the axle, then some ninja thing, and the yo-yo is spinning.

This one?

3 Likes

Thank you, that’s the one.

2 Likes

here is a tutorial i made for start n go

7 Likes

Thank you, that is helping already. That other tutorial confused me some regarding the string slack and all, the way you demonstrated it is easier to do. I do still sometimes do a fwd pass and the yo-yo flys away, but I believe I know where I am making the error in the initial wind up.

3 Likes

thats basically the format of what my previously mentioned tutorials i’ll eventually uplaod is lol, i got like 80 made LMAO

1 Like

Good tut. I think yours is way easier to follow then the YT one.

It’s been a while since I bought a 4a yoyo, but I’ve gotten interested in getting a new competition throw lately. The unlimited is enticing because I think the hubs can be replaced in case the axle breaks or the threads get stripped. I haven’t been able to find a way to buy just the hubs though, so maybe that aspect of the yoyo isn’t really supported? Does anyone know?

I honestly have no idea. I have a couple UNLiMiTEDs but I don’t think you can remove and replace the hubs. Maybe the finger spin dimple could be removed but I’ve never heard of anywhere you could get replacements for those either. Anyone else have more info on this?

do you post on YouTube? none of the links on YYE you posted open on any of my stuff.
the last post you made worked for a few days, but then it freezes.

not yet

1 Like

are you the current US national champ LOL

4 Likes

That’s certainly a possibility :wink:

3 Likes

I saw the new Viper Remix and remembered I had an old Viper somewhere. After some digging, I found this Henry’s Viper from way back. I had never tried it off string, it’s really different. I didn’t think I would be able to catch it, but the high walls keep it really on track.
Check out what the camera did with my yo-yo string!?

4 Likes

Nice :smile:. I also got a couple of these flying around. Sometimes I play responsive 5A with them which is really fun. I also used them for 4A but the slim shape simply does not make it feel right.
I recommend getting a viper remix because it super nice to play with.

2 Likes

They look really nice to me, I was wondering if anyone here tried one.
The possibility to at least practice some basic stuff inside is appealing. Plus as a juggler, I often bounce stuff off my head, sometimes even on purpose.

3 Likes

I bought a second one because I liked it so much. It has a very good spin time since it has this metal inner part (which also makes it play different then normal platic 4As). Works great for indoors, play it alll the time in the office and did not have any issue. The TPU rings are big and absorbe also hard collisions and the noise very well.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Ah nice let me know how you like it.

1 Like

Watching Nationals videos, I find watching 4A so relaxing. I think it’s the slower pace and the mesmerizing orbits. Is it at all relaxing to learn/play? (once past the initial beginner pitfalls, of course)

4 Likes