3A basic training - tips request

Hello, the more I see 3A, the more I want to try

I know I’m not quite there yet, currently practicing advanced 1&2 1A tricks (referring to YYE amazing tutorials) and I’m getting used to how the yoyo moves and how I should move around it, it’s slowly getting more natural

I was wondering, maybe there’s some basic practice I could get down “on the side” in order to prepare myself for 3A

at first I thought I’d just practice 1A with my left hand, but then when I saw vids, I noticed that on most vids, the player isn’t doing very complicated tricks with the left hand compared to the right, the left yoyo looks more like it’s used as an “accessory” to the right yoyo tricks.

now correct me if I’m wrong

anyway, I was after some basic practice tricks in order to give me, within the right amount of time, the means to start practicing proper 3A in a not so distant future

One thing I learned is to just get down the mounts with your non-dominant hand. As you said, the NDH is like an accessory. IF you look at various videos, you will notice the NDH is like a crutch, the takes place of your hand. Though, I do recommend whatever maneuver (not trick) you can do with your DH you can do it with your NDH as well.

This is just my experience and I’m still learning.

-Chris

1 Like

Practice throwing straight. Always throw the NDH yoyo first so you can throw your DH’s yoyo aligned with it. With 1A, its easier because you can turn your body slightly, but you have to have the yoyos almost perfectly aligned for 3A, or else it just doesn’t work.

1 Like

Thank you,
so basically, I’ll have to practice my throw (what a surprise ^^) and probably be able to do most of the mounts

so I’ll try and throw a little with my left hand, maybe I’ll manage a few tricks and when I feel like it, I’ll throw in the right hand as well.

thank you !