2April 2024 a looping Event

Update to Contest rules.

7 Likes

Just wanna say I appreciate all the work you guys put into organizing these and so much respect to all the sponsors for supporting the events. Tried to learn all the tricks every week of MRM even if I never recorded myself doing any of them. Donated $100 to ASAN “in honor of” YYBC when I saw that’s what charity you guys were supporting.

And since I’m the worst 2A player of all time, I’ll see you guys in a few weeks for 5A May :rofl:

13 Likes

The updated list looks great and seeing all the donations is amazing.

2 Likes

Wow man! Thank you! We’d love to see you yoyo though! Feel free to share with us!

Thank you for supporting us! This is alot of fun for everyone!

3 Likes

We have included one hand loops in the entry criteria now. I lowered the bar a tad to make it a bit more achievable. I hope I see folks give it a shot

5 Likes

First vid! I think this counts for 3 entries, but if not let me know. I’m planning to post a few times this month in the thread, and I haven’t yet found an idea for a creative entry.

14 Likes

Free form entry
2a practise

10 Likes

I think shorter strings might make it a little easier. I suck at 2a so don’t take my words as gospel but I think the general consensus is to use shorter string for 2a.

2 Likes

I’ve seen newer versions of this but this

6 Likes

You definitely want shorter than you would use for 1a. String length is something that will have an effect on whether the yo-yo tends to loop upwards, outwards, or downwards. String length can be adjusted until to loops are directed the way you like them.

1 Like

That chart that Cap posted does a good job of showing the relationships of gap, string length…

1 Like

Hi all. This is NOT entry. Please do not take this into account when drawing prizes. I already have enough yoyos😁 And I don’t really want to delve too much into the nuances of tricks and grind for hours. The production quality is objectively bad, but I haven’t played 2A in forever. So I just decided to have some fun with some simple yoyos and made a video to support the event. I hope to record something else before the end of April. Thanks again for the cool events.

9 Likes

String tension is also key. Loops make your string either very tight or loose depending on what hand you’re throwing them. Learn to do a side winder in the middle of your looping or throw in a ufo to adjust your tension. Too tight your loops will be harder to flip. Too loose and your loops will spin out at the end of your string.

Also quick tip if you hit something while looping check your yoyo halves are still tight. Your yoyo can spin its self apart after making contact with a surface and then you get to play find the shims/spacers

2 Likes

And huge respect for the support of ASAN. Unfortunately, I am very familiar with this problem. My financial situation is not the best, but I donated a little to them through PayPal (Available in their IG).

9 Likes

Oooohhhh yeeeeaaaahhhh!!!
Nice brother!! Thanks for the awesome creativity… it was ver well executed!!:smiley:

2 Likes

Ha! I love the pocket color shift. Clever. And at the end there I think you’re sneaking up on a 2A+5A hybrid style! … 7A?? :laughing:

4 Likes

this would easily count for at least 3 entries… just saying. also do i count this toward the participation count for charity?

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

You are right. At first I did something like this with a counterweight, but then I left it without.

2 Likes

Well, I refused the prizes. But maybe I’ll motivate others to participate. So far it’s kind of quiet. As for charity - whatever you want, I literally donated a little. I hope I can do more in the future.

3 Likes