2a yoyo

hey guys im getting my first 2a yoyo and was wondering if i should get the sunset trajectory nxg or loop 720

sunset trajectory helped me a lot in 2A :wink:

Between those two, I would say the NXG because the response won’t need replacing at any time. However, if you have a Brain or something beginner like that, I would suggest using that to get some of the basic looping stuff down with both hands.

Hey i’m trying to get into 2a as well. I have a really low count on my reps but i can consistently get 4 with my dominant hand on my duncan profire. My left hand is coming along well too. I was kinda wondering about those yoyos too, are they much better than what i have (just those profires) or should i stick with mine?

I would stick with what you have until you can get somewhat consistent with what you have because looping with actual looping yoyos is a bit easier so you might not really be able to loop without them so then it wouldn’t really be your skill that’s doing the looping.

Okay cool. I will definitely follow that advice. I would hate to suck because i switched to the real ones too fast ;D

Sorry but I disagree. I think you should buy the sunsets or 720’s. Its tough learning on something that’s not as easy to loop on.

Actually I suggest you find someone close to you or at a meet or contest that has 2a yoyo’s. Try them. Try all the kinds you can. Then by that you can judge what you like best.

The problem is I live in bfe of the yoyo world and don’t really have the funds to travel out of state for a contest. None of my friends have any interest in it(i get made fun of all the time) so most of anything i get is out of the internet and the yoyo i can get like once or twice a year =/.

So I’m confused. Should i stick with my current yo’s or should i go buy new ones? ???

Sorry for taking over this thread lol. I just really like to see 2a and really want to be able to do it too

Okay so I have been given some conflicting advice and I’m not sure what to follow ???. I’m sorry for making a new topic but i think i will get better responses this way. The two people giving me advice are 10 10010 1001 1 1110 and icthus, and i’m not sure who has the best advice. Here is the link to the thread http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,10198.msg115146.html#msg115146
Can someone please help me get a clear idea?
Thanks
–Confused ???

Where exacly is the link?

π

Sorry, forgot to paste 2a yoyo - #9 by Mamonga - General Yo-Yo - YoYoExpert Forums

Personally, I’d look on the B/S/Ts and try to find a modder raider, but the NGX is one heck of a looper you can’t go wrong with it.

So I should get the new yoyo instead of working with what i got?

You can always go to your local Wal Mart and try to get some Imperials, they aren’t that bad.

That doesn’t really help me. :-\ so look for modded raiders or go with the nxgs? I’ll look into it.

Any other advice/tips?

For the sake of keeping things clean, I have merged your two topics.

and id I may weigh in, I love Sunset NXG’s