2020 Top News Stories

So yeah, just knocking the dust off the Spin Tops forum, no posts yet this year…

So make 2020 the year you learn to throw a top, or nail that new trick, or get lots more tops to look at, I don’t know.

Anyways, for some very cool top news and exciting new goings on, follow
Neff and Jose on the Instagrams. Chris is yophosis, Jose is Josejmadrigal.
2020 is going to be a big year for spin tops.

6 Likes

Super excited to get this Sweetle today!

6 Likes

That looks nice @kevinm. What is it?

1 Like

Sweetle. Micro-brewery production from Neff. Comes with a bearing tip and two
lock nut configurations to make it a fixed tip, and they both have lights on them so that makes chasing it across the floor more fun.

5 Likes

I like it. What’s he charging for those? I’m in.

And I LOVE the fact that he calls it a Neff nut lol.

3 Likes

Yeah folks, sorry I haven’t posted about this yet, I’ve been trying to catch up with my wait list before the big broadcast :smiley:

3 Likes

Well, the cat is out of the bag now, as they say.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Just putting this here for my man:

Back to basics for me today. Just looking for a successful boomerang.:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Try getting an accurate(ish) spinner to a spot on the floor, then experiment with pulling back about 2/3 of the throw down. When you pull back, you don’t want to change the angle of the throw, pull away from the top, not towards your head, unless you like the taste of tops

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips.

I’ve been hitting them this afternoon. As well as some skyrockets. I can’t quite pitch it into a frisbee yet but I’m really close.

Good progress today, considering I couldn’t even remember how to wind it this morning.:grin:

3 Likes

Made a portable platform to spin or battle on. Not like it was too difficult, but nice to have used scrap materials for it.

Scrap plywood, damaged aluminum hoop, & some nails. Cinder blocks are not considered “portable”.:grin:

12 Likes

Awesome! A round snow sled makes a great arena, unless it is the kind with ridges in it. The smooth ones push all the tops to the middle so they can actually battle, although there is usually a large flat spot in the middle. I splurged on a completely smooth metal sled, and if my kids are really good I let them use it for its intended purpose… so yeah, never been ridden!

4 Likes