2019 Northeast Regional YoYo Contest

The Northeast Regional Yo-Yo Contest is upon us! This Sunday May 26th in Northampton MA at the Union Station Ballroom in downtown Northampton. This is an old train station with a large banquet hall that looks like something out of Harry Potter!

https://yoyocontest.com/northeast/

If you are coming into town tomorrow (Saturday) first just us at 4:30pm at A2Z Science & Learning for yoyo school hangout - and then at 6:30pm we will be meeting a short walk away at Pulaski Park for a @Scales Trick Circle / Battle and general hangout spot until it gets dark. (In case of bad weather we can meet back up at the back of A2Z instead!)

This will be the 17th time A2Z has run Z-Games and 16th as Northeast Regionals! This year Graeme Steller is acting as our Master of Ceremonies and we have a solid list of judges as well as a slew of our normal local judges/pros!

We are also holding a FREE Beginner division with a focus on getting some new players learning at the event called ‘Beginner’s Luck’! For every yoyo trick completed as a beginner you get a raffle ticket to win some awesome prizes! So if you are bringing a friend or parent - put them to work! :blush:

Facebook event with updates here:

Venue pictures:

7 Likes

That’s a great idea! They should do something like this at all the bigger contests.

5 Likes

Thanks! I tried something similar at PNWR in Seattle and it was reasonable successful. :blush:

Going to try and keep it going!

6 Likes

I also want to take a minute and give a HUGE shout out to our amazing sponsors that make this event possible.

2019-05-20-NorthEast-Banner-WEB

Gold Sponsors

A2Z Science
CLYW
Dif-E-Yo
Discourse
Duncan Toys
G Squared
Gilbert Hurley
Good Life
Kitty String
Monkeyfinger
OneDrop
Recess
The Monthly Throw
TopYo
TotalArtist
YoYo String Lab
YoYoExpert

Silver Sponsors

A A YoYo Club International
C3yoyodesign
General Yo
iYoYo
Magic YoYo
Mowl
UNPRLD
Unspoken YoYos
yoyofriends

Bronze Sponsor

Rain City Throws

4 Likes

Sound like fun. Hope I can make it

3 Likes

Freestyle order for NER is here! (Note Sport Ladder or Beginner has no order so is not listed).

If you are supposed to be in one of these divisions and your name is not listed please let me know!

5 Likes

Only two competitors in 5A but yikes. That should be a good battle.

2 Likes

Results!

https://yoyocontest.com/northeast/2019-results/

3 Likes

Seeing Mark’s scores I really want to see his 5A routine now.

Super close. I’d like to watch those!

3 Likes

Looks like the 1A top 15 have been uploaded, looking forward to the other divisions.

2 Likes