2015 YoYoFactory MYSTERY Box - *SPOILER ALERT* - Official Thread

I’m going to look at worlds results real quick

Luis sig
Gentry sig

OMG CZPOINT = collaboration and signature of Vashek!!! Does this mean I’m going to get another of my favorite yoyo? Yesssss as! Hope I get green

And BTW to the post above, the CZPOINT can’t be in box b because Vashek didn’t place top ten in last 3 worlds, probably horizon

Is it safe to say items mentioned like the dogma will be out of the question? That would make the box worth over 130.

This is the best year for the mystery box already. I think doing the drops before Black Friday worked out great for everyone. There are metals in the boxes, and three boxes to choose from, all at the same price. Also, there were more than enough that those who really wanted to get something, could score. And, if they put in enough effort, they might get all three boxes during the drops. Knowing when the drops were going to happen was a lot better this year. The servers held up really well, and people are well behaved in here.

By the way, I hope if there is a Horizon, it’s that new solid silver one. That is gorgeous!

1 Like

Half hour after release I decided to pull the trigger and get Box A to join B and X. Was a breeze getting through this time!

Curious, what made everyone jump on Box B? There’s still a ton of A’s left (like 60 when I just checked).

I think they’re going at about the same rate. It’s just that every A drop had ~120 available, and every B drop was only ~50 available. Since the first drop, people also knew that B’s were much more limited, so that urges them to rush for that one if they were thinking about getting both.

Same here. I was expecting to see them all sold out. Way easier this year.

You’re right I dunno what I was thinking .

Box A might have a cyborg 2.0 (pat sig. Tp design, not a great seller it seems )

I think they’d likely be retailing for $150, the price that’s originally listed on the X page, before the discount to $50 with the purchase of A or B. Slightly more expensive than the Space Cowboy and Nightmare are for a YYF bimetal, but it looks like it could be pretty sweet. Definitely worth the discounted $50 price.

I just hope I get something in a non bland color. Hoping for splash and more :slight_smile:

Yes, that X box either might be worth $150 retail, or some value had to be entered for the box on that store page, so they just chose $150. I wasn’t sure what the reason was, so I discounted it to $100, to be nice to those who were caught sleeping. It looks like they sold out after all, so we’ll never know what the plan would have been.

So, here’s another question for those of you who bought A+B rather than A or B + X. Why? If A or B is advertised at over $100 value, but $150 is the retail price listed on box X, why not choose box X, the “special product”? Are those the people dead set against bimetals? :-\ Just curious is all.

Ahhh, makes sense if they didn’t want to encourage purchasing X as a standalone.

No clue on people purchasing just A+B, but maybe they only had a $100 budget and decided to take a chance at a greater quantity.

I may have been wrong about X being sold out. I can’t really tell at this point. :-\ We might get to see what happens. :wink:

Cyborg 2.0 and Czpoint would be so lovely.

If Cyborg 2.0 is in there, not just a metal, a 7075 aluminum metal too. Hmmm…

I also think the Shuta will be involved.

Another 7075 indeed. It’s getting hot in here! :wink:

1 Like

Check 5A and 3A for those top 10 finishes. The division was never stated.

No YYF player is top 10 in the last 3 1A finals.

1 Like

Gentry is the only one in 1a

For 3a Patrick borgerding has been top 10