10 minute trick making challenge

So, I recently started a little contest with my friends. I’d like to spread this challenge, so that everyone can have a chance to do so. I know that this isn’t a new idea. Infact, Hiro Irifune from Yoyorecreation started this exact challenge about 2 years ago.

I just wanted to start this challenge back up again. I enjoyed watching these challenges, as they came out. I gained so much inspiration from these challenges and the throwers doing them. My friends and I are already getting this together.

Tell me what you guys think! I have a video on my channel about this contest. So if you want to join, please do so! I have no goal or prizes for this contest, just trying to pass the time by having some fun! lol.

2 Likes

Are you saying that the creation of the trick must happen within the 10 minutes of the video? That is, we turn on the camera without any idea of what we’re going to come up with and create a trick in real time. Or that we have 10 minutes to teach a trick we created?

If it’s the first one then that’s kind of interesting because if we’re talking about our thoughts and ideas while we film the trick then we’re giving an insight into how our creative process works.

I’m liking that idea more and more as I think about it.

Edit: OK, I watched the video again and I see that we’re creating a trick in real time on camera. Yeah, I like that idea a lot. I’m going to try it.

I’m in.

I might try this, although it usually takes me hours to make tricks that I’m satisfied with.

Now I’m not sure if this would fit within the rules or not you would have to ask the challenge organizer but you could do a time lapse of your self making a trick over a couple hours and then play it back in 10 minutes. I know it wouldn’t be completely fair to others because it is supposed to be seeing what you can create in 10 minutes. But I think it would be cool to watch and since there is no prizes and its just for fun I don’t see why it would be a problem.

I gave it a try last night without a camera just to see how creative I can be. This is way more difficult than I thought it would be. It was lots of fun though. 10 minutes goes by really fast. I kept finding that I want to go back to moves from tricks I already know (which is probably a good way to start).

The fun part of the process is when I’m thinking “Normally I would do this, but what if I do that instead? Wow, look what position that puts me in. What can I do with this shape?”

It’s going to be a fun process.

Yes! I’m the coordinator of this little event. I would like to encourage others to find out as many ways as possible to perform this challenge.

Glad you’re enjoying it! I really appreciate that.

BUMP for anyone who didn’t see this :wink:

Well, you sure got me…

It takes me 10 minutes to change a string😳

Doh!

1 Like