ZGRT: KnuckleYo at YYE

Sorry if this is a newbie question - will removing the beads and connecting them for yo-yo mode, and then back again to knuckle roller mode, run the risk of stripping the bolts or sockets? Sorry if my terminology is off, I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to hardware!

1 Like

of course the risk of damage to the threads is there, but as long as you dont crossthread you’ll be fine.

4 Likes

I guess part of the genius of this design is how modular it is, too. So even if something strips, you can replace it.

Thank you for the response and info!

2 Likes

@100Love thanks for your comment and question. As @bheinz63 mentioned, as long as you do not cross thread the axle you will be fine.

When unthreading the beads, the axles typically remain in the body most of the time. Then you just have to remove only one to join the beads and make turn them into a yoyo.

When assembling back into a knuckle roller, the axle screws in smoothly.

9 Likes

Thank you so much for the fantastic information and pictures! Can’t tell you how much I want one of these. Hope pre-orders open soon!

1 Like

I’ve actually been playing with a proto for a while now.
As a roller is great didn’t come apart in my pocket very comfortable. You will love this.

Turning it into the yoyo is easy and honestly i think you need to be careless to strip it. I’ve not stripped a yoyo yet ever and this knuckleYo is the same idea. I don’t think stripong is going to be a big problem.
But as mentioned if that happened fortunately the designs has replacement built in.
Some less impressive pics but i thought you guys would apreciate. This thing is so cool!
Originally i had the SS proto and the Ti proto…

KnuckleYo in the center 66% 888 on the right, micro Strum Panzer on the left. KnuckleYo is the proto SS bread. THE proto Ti heads didn’t make it to the final round for a mini yoyo, so no ti yoyo pics.

11 Likes

I have a few questions if you don’t mind me asking: (1) How does it play like in yoyo form ?? And (2) can you explain what a knuckle roller is exactly ?? I heard of a knuckle roller before but I’ve never really seen what it can do. Thanks :grin:

5 Likes

insane.

5 Likes

Sweet sassy molassey I need a copper bead/clear center bad. Would patina up real nice next to this guy.

9 Likes

I am discussing the SS proto yoyo
#1 KnuckleYo in yoyo form plays like a wide micro yoyo. If you’ve never played a mini yoyo i recommend it. It’s deff diffrent, fun and challenging. The KnuckleYo has a decent balance ( probably cause it’s wide) and good amount of power (probably due to weight) for a micro. I enjoy throwing this way more then the micro strum panzer which i feel is just too small to enjoy for my taste.
#2 knuckle roller is a skill toy that you manipulate any way you can in your hand, a few other companies make them as well. There are lots of videos on social media you can check for examples, but I’ll gladly try to post a video soon with the Proto KnuckleYo.

5 Likes

That is such an innovative and unique design, I love it. congrats on the final product reveal it’s so cool looking!

5 Likes

3 in one yoyo and 3 in one Proto KnuckleYo… don’t need anything else today. (Full disclosure my Proto Ti version mini yoyo didn’t work so i don’t have a micro yoyo, but it’s great as a roller and begliri… the proto SS version made a great yoyo but i had to pass that one along :smile::grin:)

14 Likes

:pray: :pray: @pinhead

2 Likes

Cool concept. Any videos of it being played?

1 Like

Here is a video of a really skilled player on ig his IG is Smol_bone

Roling with KnuckleYo

7 Likes

At first it was like

Then like

Resident Evil 4 throwback :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Wow to that really nice.
I was reading about it from some of the people on Instagram and looking at the pictures but reading your write-up up there but what’s all included in the different pictures, seriously awesome

3 Likes

I was hoping for a video of it being played as a yoyo.

3 Likes

I’ll get that to you guys asap. Unfortunately i don’t have the SS proto with me i passed it on a few weeks back and i didn’t think to record video.

8 Likes

interesting piece, nice job @jeduardo

5 Likes