YYWS - San Diego Meetup 12/4/22

Hello everyone!

On Sunday, December 4th - come throw with us at the San Diego Maritime Museum (right in front…on the sidewalk - pic attached from last time so you know the spot).

We’ll have some new stuff for you to toss around, and it’s always fun to meet up with you folks and talk yoyo.

When: December 4, 2022
Time: 1PM to 4PM
Where: Maritime Museum of San Diego

Like and comment if you can make it!

Vic (@vicvonboom), Efren (@EF.n.YOYO), and I will see you there!

-Wayne

9 Likes

I am going to try and make it down there ! I need to make sure I don’t have anything going on but I really want to meet you guys .

2 Likes

Chris - please do! We’d love to meet you too man!!

2 Likes

If you guys happen to do another meetup in January between the 14th and 21st let me know. I’ll be coming into town for a vacation that week.

3 Likes

I just put it on my calendar. See you in front of the Star of India on the 4th.

2 Likes

Right on, Mike!

2 Likes

I wish I could go, but I might have to miss it this year. But next time YYWS is in Maine, best believe I’ll be there!

2 Likes

Haha. 3 day trip not worth it haha

2 Likes

It will be cool if you can make it :call_me_hand:! Hope to meet you, bud.

1 Like

Right on, bud :call_me_hand:! Hoping to meet you out there.

1 Like

Had a great time at the last meetup! Going to try to make it to this one too :grin:

3 Likes

Anyone in Orange County- Cerritos area want to roll with me to this ?

Ah neat! I should be there. I’m about 45 minutes north.

4 Likes

Bumping this as we’re inside a week!

See you folks on Sunday!

2 Likes

Looks like a chance for rain on Sunday afternoon.

For the locals: any indoor recommendations for a back-up venue???

I’m not sure about any indoor facilities off the top of my head. Cancer Survivor’s Park is close to the Maritime Museum and has some pergolas that would be better than open sky. I have no idea of how crowded it might be/if there will be space under them or the car parking situation.

1 Like

Good idea. Let’s see how it looks on Saturday and if needed, we’ll shift there!

We host events and would be happy to offer our place for free. We have two outdoor covered patios and plenty of room inside. We catering and would offer up some food. However it is about 25 minutes from downtown San Diego. www.alpinescasadevida.com. We host our yo-yo club meetings here.

1 Like

I think the last time we did one of these, you offered the same thing. Thank you very much. This will be small and we don’t want to impose.

Very generous, but an outdoor (covered) public place should work out in this scenario. If we can attract a bigger group in the future, we’ll reach out - thank you so much!

1 Like

@yoyoworkshop_wayne It looks like the chance of rain is going away, my weather app just says partly cloudy now. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes