YYJ Jon Gates

I dug out my old yyj jon gates spin too after years in storage but the tip is broken. I was hoping someone here might know where I could get a replacement.

image image

4 Likes

@ta0 to see if he knows. May have been a different one but I thought some people had started 3D printing top tips now.

3 Likes

A complete YYJ tip would be quite difficult to 3D print.
But on that photo it seems it’s only missing the end cone, what was designed to be replaceable. That would be easy to 3D print. But I may have a genuine spare . . .

2 Likes

Idk much about the tip cause I got this in like 4th grade but I think the only broken part is the cone that came off. The rest of the tip piece still spins just fine. If you could point me in the direction of the files to print some more of the cone pieces I would be very grateful! If you would be willing to part with a spare tip I would be willing to purchase that also.

1 Like

Yes, I have a genuine cone for you. Details on the iTopSpin forum.

3 Likes

Those things are so fragile! I have some somewhere too, if you still need it.

I think the Gates is my favorite bearing top of all time, but I just don’t play with any of my YYJ tops anymore, because of those tips!

1 Like

So much love for the tops that break easily and cannot be fixed. Almost makes me wish I had ever thrown one… on the other hand, I love my Bearing King mods and they break easy too.
Yes I am just trolling but I couldn’t resist.

2 Likes