YYJ ENEME Review (Pics Coming Soon)

Welcome. I’m going to be starting a review series, and I’m starting it with 4 reviews, and then 2 more to come soon.

For this review, I’m going to be looking at the YoYoJam ENEME, 2nd Run.

Specs:

Shape: Concave
Material: Metal
Diameter: 50mm
Thickness: 42mm
Weight: 64gm
Play style: String Trick
Axle or Bearing type: Bearing C
Special Features: Take Apart
O-Ring Size: III
Skill Level: 5 (still don’t get it)

1st Impressions:
I received this Xmas day, and I was stoked. The packaging could be alot better IMO. I received my ENEME with a scratch on it. Doesn’t really bother me though, TBH. The color is nice. I chose Army Green, to go with my orange strings :). The color is bold and just the right shade. The yoyo has a surface that looks to be LIGHTLY beadblasted. I’m serious. If it is, it’s not much. Nonetheless, a good grinding surface. The IRG is amazing, with a DEEP recess. The width goes very well with the diameter. 8mm less than the Diameter means a wide yoyo. The shape is concave/butterfly, and it’s nice and rounded. You can also distinguish the rims because YYJ has a slight step up as to identify them. Really just a nice look.

First Throw:

Before I received this, I talked to Icthus. He told me he felt it was sluggish, and I felt a little worried at first. I shouldn’t have been. It isn’t lightning speed, but it had a decent speed and a very floaty feel to it. It’s light and compact. The vibe that is present in mine is partially my fault due to a tightening mistake, where the string got caught in the bearing seat and ripped, causing the yoyo to fly into 3 pieces. Needless to say, on a decent throw, a slight vibe. On a good throw, little to no vibe at all. This yoyo is stable, but not as stable as my G5. It tilts if you’re not careful, but, that’s something that seems to be a trait with undersized throws.

Grinds:
This yoyo was definitely built to grind. Arm grinds are a breeze. Thumb grinds are easy, but the yoyo seems to turn a bit faster while grinding than my other throws. However, I can see why it was made like it is. As I said, definitely built to grind.

Response:
I’ve never had a problem w/ YYJ Sili O-rings, but mine seem to snag a bit every once and a while. Nothing against YYJ. Still tight binds.

Final Thoughts:
This is a good yoyo. A bit pricey, but, still a good yoyo. It’s not going to be a main throw, but it will definitely be my take-everywhere yoyo for now :slight_smile: Good grinds, nice response. I like this. I feel YYJ, if they ever redo this, should add a bit more rim weight, but, I really like this.

I hope you enjoyed this review.

PICS COMING SOON

NEXT REVIEW: YYJ BigYo 2 (Coming as soon as I learn some 4A xD)

Nice review! It is very neat and detailed, but consider adding some comparisons with some of your other yoyos. :slight_smile:

most of my undersized throws don’t work. Not alot to compare it to. It’s quite unique.

But, thanks :slight_smile: