Yoyojam kickside - my new plastic favorite

Hi,
Just signed up here and had to write this.
I recently decided to buy a new plastic throw and ended up ordering a kickside. Today I received the kickside and it is amazing :smiley:
Before I threw it, I cut and filed the starburst, shaved the o-ring, dropped in a 10 ball centertrack bearing and used wide setting when I screwed it together with a type 8 polyester string.
This is now my favorite plastic throw ::slight_smile: -I like everything about this yoyo :smiley:

(No it’s not a review)

It’s comfy as all get out. I bought two (red and green), swapped halves so I have dual recessed response, filled the response wells with flowable silicone, and put in red YYJ shims for a large gap. It’s quite smooth too. That was a while ago before there were so many good modern options out there.

Glad you like yours. What’s not to like, right?

I have a dual siliconed kickside that is honestly one of my favorite daily carrys!
The shape is comfortable, the weight is spot on, overall it’s just a really nice yoyo to play with.
Worth noting, taking the caps off gives it a unique feel. Worth a try!

1 Like

Yeah, you can drop a couple grams by removing the caps. My dual silicone Kickside is set up the same way. I do that for most of my YYJs, but I have cool, goofy pogs that I printed out for my other orange Kickside and they’re not going anywhere!

Is the OP being sarcastic? I mean considering the number of modifications he had to make, maybe he’s joking about “liking everything about the yoyo”…

Kicksides are fun. I don’t think he’s joking.

1 Like

Hmmm, sounds like we’re talking about something similar to the YYJ Journey here. One of my favorites.

I prefer the shape of the speed maker. :wink: … And I’ve played both… Flat bearing with yyj spacers cotton string … I like the hybrid response … Definitely makes things interesting but I tend to lean towards slightly responsive setups.

I’m certainly not joking - the mods I did can be done in less than 10min and I’m pretty sure that cleaning the original bearing would do the job, I just like the concave/center track bearings.
To sum it all up, the starburst was the only thing I really disliked about this yoyo, the other mods just made it even better ;D