YoYoFriends Hummingbird & Magpie Restock! New Colors!

13 Likes

Aw yisssss… :metal:

7 Likes

You finally gonna snag that red/gold Hummingbird?

2 Likes

Naw, it’s the blue/silver one I had my eye on.

2 Likes

Thanos and Ironman colors are really cool

4 Likes

lovin that purple and gold rem humming bird

3 Likes

How do you guys like the Magpie?

1 Like

What brand response pads come in the Hummingbird stock? Or are they all silicone’d by hand?

1 Like

Regular 3M pads

Apologies, but I don’t know what a “Regular 3M pad” is. I don’t see them for sale on YYE, for instance.

It’s just regular 19mm pads made from 3M. They are the standard pads on alot of yoyos.i don’t think they sell it anywhere. I think any other standardized 19mm pads should be fine as a replacement.

3 Likes

Okay.

The variable in all this is the hardness of the silicone. For instance, YYF’s pads come in several different hardness variants, all of them colored differently. But the clear pads in yoyos like the Hummingbird are hard to pin down in this regard if they are “generic” in some fashion.

I guess if I ever replace the pads in a Hummingbird I’ll just put in One Drop slim pads since I love One Drop pads.

3 Likes

One Drop’s slim pads might be too slim for standard silicone grooves. .8mm vs 1.1mm. Worth trying though.

So One Drop slim pads are too slim and One Drop standard pads are too thick, right? Dang it!

They’re not necessarily too thin, they’re just slightly thinner than other slim pads.

1 Like