Yoyofactory Severe?

I got a Dove recently and absolutely love the material, and maybe want a different shape so I have 2 options for a grindable plastic edc yoyo. The Severe looks really nice, has anyone tried it? I already have plenty of polycarbonate throws so I’m not really looking for more.

Thesis Serenade

1 Like

I tried a Severe, I don’t think I really cared for it.
I also second the Thesis Serenade, really nice throw! You also might like the Rebellion Golyat (which is also a machined POM/Delrin throw). It’s quite a large yoyo but it is dead smooth.

1 Like

Yeah, another suggestion to consider the Serenade. There are cool colors available these days, too, courtesy of @Markmont.

1 Like

I don’t know much about Pom throws but I did not like the plastic Severe compared to the 2009 or 2010 Severe

1 Like

Hey, thanks for getting the dove! Like the people on the forum suggested. From alot of POM throws I tried only serenade comes close or matches our dove in terms of quality and playability. I second the thesis serenade.

3 Likes

I actually like the plastic Severe. It performs surprisingly well for a yoyo that doesn’t look like anything wild or special. I would definitely recommend it.

The Serenade is just too dang wide for my tastes. Maybe you will like a yoyo that is nearly 50mm wide but I sure don’t. I have small-ish hands, not monstrous Shaquille O’Neal hands, and so with very few exceptions a yoyo must be under 46mm or I won’t bother with it.

2 Likes

I’m right there with ya on the feel of the material. I love the Severe so much, I have three of them.
YoYoFactory also produced the Regen in this material. It’s a Gentry Stein throw. I’m not nearly as crazy about it as the Severe.

1 Like

Seems like a bit of a polarizing yoyo lol. How is it at horizontal and grinds?

Metal Severe is Amazing!!

1 Like