YoYoFactory HORIZON 2 Prototype Release!

With a pause in production YoYoFactory took the opportunity to get back in the designing process working on smaller production and some BIG concepts like this Horizon 2 prototype!

First released at PNWR; The HORIZON “prototype” needs a little more polish before it’s official release, but it plays so well YoyoFactory wanted to give players a chance to try one out! The Horizon 2 features a 2 piece design with a press fit fingerspin cup that gives it a great look and makes fingerspins a breeze. It plays fast and stable with a lighter feel on the string than the original, a must have for all you Horizon fans!

Please Note: These prototypes do have a small amount of vibe, but nothing that impedes performance. If you are picky about vibe then this is not for you, if a little vibe doesn’t bother you then you’re in for a treat!

3/13 @ 10AM EDT.

14 Likes

Maybe fix that typo “…and makes fingers pins in a breeze…”

Otherwise, this looks like another very good design coming from YYF

4 Likes

This looks like a truly unique design. Curious why the cup was designed to be press fit instead of machined. Because it’s hollow?

Curious what the design changes will be for the production release. Is it anything performance-related or is it more production-related?

1 Like

I think the design just needs a little fine tuning before a full production run. They play so good, but some had an unpassable level of vibe. They’re great though if you can look past a little vibe for this prototype run, I’ve been throwing one all week and can’t put it down! (And I was never really a fan of the OG Horizon.)

10 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett, the page says the countdown is complete, but I can’t seem to purchase one.

1 Like

Try again? If on computer press shift and refresh. :blush:

1 Like

@AndreBoulay @YoYoExpertGarrett Is the spin cup like the Czech point pivot or more like the wedge in size and feel?

I successfully tried again an hour ago. Thanks!

The cup is similar to Czech Point Pivot - but I think they have continued to perfect things - it really ‘sticks’ nicely and pulls the finger in to the center. The yoyo is really impressive!

2 Likes

That’s great to hear I believe the pivot cup is way better.

for those who got the new Horizon 2, any feedback? how does it play?

2 Likes