YoyoFactory Champion Set

Here is a small collection of signature throws in tribute to YYF’s past world champions:

• ProtoStar/Superstar
  • Replay/Shutter
  • Wedge/K’Edge
  • Edge Beyond/Edge

I’m really hoping YYF releases a K’Edge in aqua someday; that green one really sticks out like a sore thumb.

I would have liked to add Jensen Kimmit’s Northstar, but as far as I know it was never released in aqua either.

5 Likes

They did release the northstar in dark blue, looks nice

3 Likes

Where’s a superstar or 888?

4 Likes

protostar / superstar would be nice

1 Like

I have a blue John Ando ProtoStar, but it’s not a very pretty blue color. And the only Superstar I have is a gold bimetal Superstar, which doesn’t really count.

But does the 2013 version of the Superstar count? If so, I’d have to try and track down a blue one.

As for the 888, as far as I can tell, none of its signature models are all blue/aqua.

1 Like

There’s definitely aqua 888s out there, I’ve seen several oot and aboot in various places.

2 Likes

Original 07’ production run 888.

They were all blue.

8 Likes

Yeah, but none of the signature 888s were blue/aqua, right?

I guess at the end of the day the only thing that made a “signature” 888 any different from a normal 888 was the engraving, yes?

1 Like

Do you mean limited edition 888s when you say signature?

The Yoyo Wiki lists a number of signature 888s:

2007 releases

• Augie Fash signature model: Orange with checkerboard pattern, A-bearing
  • John Higby signature model: Blue and magenta with Mr. Yodel cartoons
  • Steve Brown signature model: Black, red, and violet

2008 releases

• 2008 Jason Lee edition: '08 888 in red with Jason Lee inspired laser engravings and a small bearing

2009 releases

• Steve Brown signature model: Black with Steve’s body tattoo pictures, small bearing for 5A play
1 Like

I’m hoping/wishing YYF would re-release the delrin Wedge again, love a delrin throw. Looks like it would have been a fun throw, big fan of the Edge Beyond 1.5 Edge, and the PC Wedge is fun too.

1 Like

I’ve updated the original image to include a blue ProtoStar/Superstar pair. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

3 Likes

Are you planning on adding a loop 720 or 2020 to the mix? He likes bright orange, but there is a clear 2020 and a blue 720.

I gotta say this is a wonderful idea for a collection.

I have some Loop 720s (blue and red) and a pair of orange Loop 2020s, but this set is going to just be for 1A.