Yoyo rules

drat. Wildcat, you beat me to it. Ed’s rules were the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. haha

Also yeah, it’s a real shame butterflies are illegal in CA. I have to stick with Bottleflys (bottle opener), practice flies or the china town crap that breaks in a week. You can get legal ones though if they have ridiculously short wings. (under 2.5" as PC 12020 states)

No butterflys in Indiana, either. Unfortunately, I didn’t learn this until after I’d already played for a few years with one I bought legally before the law went into effect. So, I broke mine using it as a pry bar thinking it was really cheap and I’d just replace it, only to find that now there are none to be had.

You could always look into a baliyo. They were at worlds last year. Basically just a butterfly knife pen. They do feel a bit different, and there’s no bite handle, but they do work, and they’re completely legal! It’s the only way I’m able to practice flipping while at school. haha

So why are there rules about the length of the wing shape in those states cause it seems stupid

How does my post regarding laws of something we’re discussing get deleted, but the whole discussion it’s about get kept?

Maybe we should get back on topic. :wink:

sorry wildcat, it’s too late.

1 Like

Don’t think so.

Re-rail that train!

Thanks everyone:)

There aren’t really “rules” to yoyoing unless you’re at a contest in which case I’m sure there are some. But in reality, if you limit yourself by staying within rules you’ll never reach your full potential! In most things I would never suggest this because that could land you in some serious trouble but when it comes to creativity there are no rules! Just be yourself and have fun doing what you do and you’ll be glad you did :wink:

And in addition to the other post, take a look at this awesome post Zammy put together (if you feel so inclined).
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,48196.msg469150.html#msg469150

I would say the rules are to yoyo:

1a: String attached to finger (size: belly button to floor) attached to an “axle/bearing/stick/etc.” with a disc on each end of that (made out of anything, usually plastic or metal) that spins on that after dropping or throwing the whole object.

After that. you have yoyoed.