Yoyo Boomers Club

Knowing what I know of you… and that we come from the same cloth… This may not be a true statement.

4 Likes

Who? Me???

4 Likes

Am I wrong? Don’t mistake kindness for weakness.

3 Likes

No your not wrong. I’m always guilty as charged.

3 Likes

@Grendel is as harmless as the MG yo-yos he got.

3 Likes

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates???
Morons!!!

2 Likes

My fridge…

12 Likes

Hello yoyo boomers!
Im 40 and been playing since 1996 do I meet the qualifications to call myself a yoyo boomer :grinning:

6 Likes

Only Requirement is whether you volunteer to be a Boomer.

Age, How long you’ve played Does not matter.

Check out the first post.

But if you want in, you’re in.

8 Likes

I swear ill get a fixie and will participate next year :sob:

3 Likes

16 Likes

Good morning all. I wanted to share an experience with you all. So the 4mm bearing I got for my Workhorse was a ceramic hybrid. I’ve been loving the way it plays with this dry 4mm bearing in it. Just loving it. (Here I’ll add that the Deep State didn’t stay on the shelf for long. It’s still #1) So last night that ceramic bearing started telling me a story…a very loud one!! And I was given a right proper education in just how loud one of these ceramic bearings can be…HOLY COW!!! Not a joke. It’s LOUD!!!
Edit: I’ll be making my FAF video today. I’ll get a video of it. It’s rather comical.

8 Likes

One of MANY colored tees that only vaguely infringe on a certain IP. It’s not Miracle Max. It’s Modern Responsive Max.

Just a mockup. Nothing final.

8 Likes

My Concern is the “Portrait” is difficult to see/make out.

I’m working on getting it a bit more defined while keeping it one color! I’ll post my progress.

Now for something completely different. Modern Responsive March is coming up, and I need to figure out what throw to use. I currently only have 12 (two of which are fixies, and are out of the running)

MagicYoyo V3 (has a responsive bearing)
MagicYoyo Crystal K2 (has a responsive bearing)
C3 Laevateinn
Watieoboo Count
G2 Pilgrim
Dressel Emotion
Gway Geedorah
Yoyofactory Shutter
OD Fat Tire 20/20
Yoyofactory Metavity

What would be best, other than the two obvious responsive throws? Are any of the others worth modding to be responsive for a month?

I’ll just be over here drooling over y’all who have Workhorses and are using those :smiley:

3 Likes

Do you have $25ish dollars to drop?

You may have issues with modding your list of yoyos. Main thing I struggle with is lack of walls for stalls.

7 Likes

Or get a Kasm. Still in stock too!

7 Likes

Kasm is a great call too.

I would say Cheapest Option would be a Duncan Butterfly XT.

5 Likes

Layer Infinity is a Fixed Axle February Sponsor for 2024. They do have some Kasm’s in stock…

4 Likes

I only have 2 of those. The MYY. I play my V3 with a narrow bearing with a spot of moly grease and a drop of oil. It plays great that way. I don’t do stalls though and I would imagine it would be awful for those sorts of tricks. The Origen really is a little gem, and very affordable if you decide to go that route.

2 Likes