Yoyo Boomers Club

So one of the things I love most about the RBC (and I’m not trying to change your opinion) is how unique it is among yo-yos. Between the MR-85 bearing, the light weight, the very ergonomically pleasing shape, it all just clicks for me and I can say with extreme confidence that there is no yoyo in my collection that plays like it.

4 Likes

I made myself a thing. It might be a 1 of 1 since it’s quite obviously a replica, or I might print a second because I think this one’s going to be light.

8 Likes

I’d love to know how it plays!

4 Likes

Assembly today, hopefully playable tomorrow. Maybe I’ll run a heavier one right now too…

3 Likes

Happy Friday! Glass is in!
Looks awesome, print is crisp and textured.
Bottom fill is a little asymmetrical, but honestly kind of like it, adds a fun touch, and I appreciate a classy imperfection. Adds well to the subject matter, lol.
Thick base with good weight to it. Nice and wide as well, great for a whiskey glass.
Happy camper!

11 Likes

That logo could look good on the hub of yhe production Workhorse?

5 Likes

Hey

14 Likes

Oh wow. I want to see a macro shot of that crazy spike!

3 Likes

That’s a damn cool looking throw!

1 Like

That… looks… AWESOME!!!

2 Likes

It might just!

2 Likes

Had to print a new gap shim and feel like maybe I was too light on the glue, but should be playable tomorrow (I hope)!

6 Likes

So is this a Plastic’Orse? Printed’Orse? Zombie’Orse?

1 Like

Me too! That looks sharrrrp. I love it.

1 Like

I’ve been going with “Hobby Horse”?

5 Likes

This might be the closest I could get to a orse for a while lol

1 Like

Whoa, how did you get the hub to print so clean? :astonished:
Looks awesome!

1 Like

I didn’t do anything special? The design lends itself to a nice cup down print.

It plays pretty well.

The inside edge of the “kiddie pool” is too sharp but that’s an easy fix I already made in the CAD.

I unfortunately left my printer after the first layer was down and it had a total meltdown. I’m going to need to either replace the full hot end or do some serious cleaning.

8 Likes

If you ever make more, sign me up for one!

2 Likes

so i was able to get some real playtime with the wh2 ln and holy smokes i love that thing! yall really nailed the shape and size. it feels narrow and high walled enough to feel great on stalls, regens, and winds, but also feels wide enough that planet hops feel comfortable and it isn’t frustrating trying to hit the string. very impressed so far gang! :ok_hand::+1::call_me_hand:

6 Likes