Yoyo Boomers Club

Can second this, I remember having an auto return like 25 years ago and could use it as a regular responsive with single wrap and double would engage the auto return feature.

3 Likes

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

3 Likes

This worked! Thank you!

3 Likes

Double wrap did it thanks for your quick help!

6 Likes

Sounding like it’s going to be lots o’ fun to me!!!

3 Likes

Any other boomers into Magic the Gathering?

Check out this hack of a job I did trying to custom paint my own MTG yoyo :joy:

Don’t realize it would come out so shitty but took me like 2 hours of my time plus a V6 so I’m going to be proud of it!

Anyone else custom paint a yoyo? Drop em let’s see them.

16 Likes

I have the artistic prowess of a rock, but I do love Magic! Well, I did. I still have a fondness in my heart for the game and keep up with the sets vaguely, but we moved and no one here plays. My Eldrazi Tron deck sits sad and alone now.

4 Likes

lol mine too pretty much. And Arena is not the same as paper.

2 Likes

You’re right it isn’t! It really isn’t. It’s fun, but there’s something magic about physical Magic.

I played my yomega brain way too much in my younger days, curiosity got to me and basically it turned into a hybrid transaxle to fixie.

1 Like

I’ve found those ball bearing clutches to be unreliable. The springs are pretty much impossible to balance the tension.
The Black Mamba auto returns played ok with clutch fixed solid, but I haven’t used the Brain

2 Likes

The best feeling auto return was the yomega power brain

The Mamba auto return def feels nicer no doubt.

I love MTG been playing since fallen empire! That’s a great looking yoyo

2 Likes

Thanks man glad you think it’s cool. I’ve been looking for one and couldn’t find it, so had to make mine own :joy:

3 Likes

My brother loves magic I play occasionally but not to the same degree I have him my Mk1 sliver for his birthday last year to get him into yoyo. I also gave him beginner friendly yo-yos the sliver is an aspiration throw.

Most of my coworkers play magic which is neat.

3 Likes

We’re big tabletop gamers in our house, but TCGs kinda fell off because of the cost…even though I do want to get into Lorcana.

I am now about 25 senecios in to Frosthaven. Still no light at the end of the tunnel lol.

1 Like

I’ve had Gloomhaven on my shelf for a while now, and all I’ve done with it is put in a box organizer…

3 Likes

Did you get ones of those nice wood ones? The organizer actually saves a ton of time with Frosthaven. You should try Jaws of the Lion. It has great opening few scenarios that teach you how to play much faster than diving straight into the big box.