Your yoyoing backstory

Hi @jeffreypang911,
I was wondering how has yoyoing impacted your life? How did you go from just throwing yoyos to creating spinning art? Was there an event or incident to cause you to go from just throwing casually to investing time and money into making yoyos?
-Simon

i like how your question is similar to my other questions in AMA’s. Not trying to claim credit because i know im not the only one who can think of it.

Sorry, I didn’t see your post. I’m not trying to infringe.

1 Like

no need to say sorry, i just noticed that we thought of the same question: and i like that.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, its hard to express words properly through the internet.

All good, thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

I was really young when I started. When you are 13 or 14 I think you’re more like impressionable. I remember learning from Mastermagic.net and Andre was (and still is) one of my heros. And now im doing an AMA for him on the forums - thats like insane haha. I feel like one of those musicians who “made it”.

When I was young, I didn’t throw casually I was like intense about it! every day I threw. I loved it. I was so obsessed! So it felt like a natural progression to go into designing and manufacturing. Especially since I was lathing my own yoyos for many years before that too.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! Thanks for taking the time to do this AMA.

Whoooaaa I had never seen mastermagic.net :rofl: powered by yoyojam! @AndreBoulay this should probably be redirected elsewhere… Flash videos don’t work these days :wink:

2 Likes

Haha. Their are some rabbit holes to go down on that site. :blush:

3 Likes

DUDE that website is still up?!? NOSTALGIA TRIP!

2 Likes