Your most capable yoyo?

I was wondering what everyone uses as their skill litmus test. What is your one throw that can test your ability and leave no doubt that the yoyo isn’t holding you back?

7 Likes

Mine is the Rebellion Invaders Must Die.

14 Likes

My go to lately for this is the Good Life Pharaoh. Just does exactly what you need it to and doesn’t give you any problems

13 Likes

G2 AL7 Arbiter for some reason even my Peregrine doesn’t play as well.

14 Likes

Kagerou. But, I would say the Chopsticks Gorilla, Jackal and some others are very close.

16 Likes

Mine would be my TiVayder. Seems like I can’t find any faults with it. Fits perfect in my hand. It is very stable and if it gets off track I can easily rectify it.

While I prefer a traditional organic, even though the performance of my organics is not on par with this, I appreciate the perfection of it and when I want to show the extent of my capability, I use it with a smile on my face. It also is still in the fun zone for me because of it still having an organic feel, which I love.

7 Likes

By far my most capable throw is the One Drop Free Solo. I dont throw it a lot because i prefer the laid back vibes these days so I’m reaching for my Rebirth or MCM, but in terms of spin time, stability, and speed it is an absolute monster.

7 Likes

AL= Code 2
Ti = Citizen
Bi = Orbital GTX

9 Likes

I can’t say enough about the JDS Shutter. So easily controlled, stays on plane and spins for days (upgraded to DS bearing). IRG is premium too!!

8 Likes

Outlier 2

4 Likes

My One Drop Top Deck. I have lots and lots of awesome yoyos but in my experience none of them is on par with my Top Deck. It is superb. It is never finnicky and I never have to watch this or watch that or make sure I’m doing this or that so it doesn’t start going wonky. It’s my easiest, breeziest, pleasiest, most comfortable throw that seems to want to make me succeed with whatever trick or elements I want to go through.

12 Likes

Seconding the Free Solo!

Here’s what I was saying about it just today in another thread:

Here’s my three. The red one I use the most (the “ol’ reliable” I was taking about above), teal is my backup, and the SM is the one I display (and a fantastic example of the finish).

16 Likes

I’m surprised how many people are saying monometals. Maybe I misinterpreted the point of the thread but while I generally play with monometals and plastics more often because I just prefer how they feel, if I’m just looking for best performance I’m just going to pick up a bimetal. My choices are split between the Shaqshine and Galaxy Diver for 1A and 5A respectively. The Shaqshine feels both more powerful and stable, but the extra width of the Galaxy Diver is incredibly nice for 5A. Inversely the extra width of the Galaxy Diver can feel a bit cumbersome on dense techy 1A tricks.

10 Likes

I don’t think any yoyo plays like it’s worth $1000 but definitely my most capable.

15 Likes

converge for me

13 Likes

can you compare to exia?

For me it is the AHAY Tenma. It doesn’t play flashy but it is catchable, long-spinning, and has amazing binds. It just makes yoyoing easier.

A few honorable mentions are:

Unprld recognition
C3 Galaxy Diver
Japan Technology Mirage
Offset yoyos Moebius

6 Likes

The exia is in a very different niche than the converge, slower and relaxed compared to the converged. That is not to say the exia is any way a slouch, I find it to be a very agreeable enjoyable yoyo with excellent power and stability. The converged is a no compromise performer, it is light, has crazy thin walls and extreme rim weight. My best description is the converge feels like a modernized over sized draupnir, much more so than the overdrive drapnir.

My current go to yoyos when I want to know the yoyo isn’t holding me back are the G2 brass valhalla and the YYF IQ.

7 Likes

I think that throw is bribing you to believe that :crazy_face::laughing::rofl: jk bro!!

1 Like

Nahhhhh its nice, nice lol

1 Like