Your Five Favorite Musical Artists (explain why)

1. Eminem, best rapper in all of history and is a stereotype killer.
  2. Sum 41, harder songs than Blink-182 but also has a few soft songs that I like.
  3. The Strokes, brings back the garage rock band kind of music that I love.
  4. Three Days Grace, really emotional music plus killer guitar riffs and solos.
  5. Linkin Park, can pull of hard rap, rock, soft songs, and metal all at the same time.

Jason Yang- Great musician, creates great music to study/relax to. He also covers alot of other musicians i like. (:
FEM- Far East movement was a great group back from 07, til now. Loved their sick beast and dope lyrics.

Wayne has zero lyrical cleverness. I’m sure that one or two of his underground hits were okay, but he’s just about money…

I’ll sit here and type every name that comes to my head:

Outsider
Gangstarr
Big L
Guru (w/gangstarr)
eazy e
nas
most of jay z
big pun
biggie smalls
dmx
blu
dr. Dre
Ice cube (Before disney movies)
anyone else in N.W.A
Anyone else in Public enemies (Flayyyy vahhh vlaveeeee)
Tupac

Right there, Wayne and young money can’t compete against any of them.

I mean, lolipop was just all about —, a milli was just about money.

he has never came close to ever writing something as technical as “Nas is like”

I mean, Nas/biggie can do triple/quadruple rhymes in a short burst. For example, “Brains all leak-in out on the street’n the pastor preach’n: He was a good man.”

“Saw my close friends shot, flatline am I sane?
That depends, carry Mac-10’s to practice my aim”

That’s a double rhyme right there. When I listen to any rhymes, I just try to make sense of the lyrics, I don’t care about the beat.

Explicit:

^
Just a few examples that burn Waynes stuff…

And I don’t really like eminem, his last two albums have been meh to me…

You guys are getting off topic. And its just rap anyway

1. Eminem- IMO He’s one of the better rappers out there.
  2. We Came as Romans- They made me realize that post-hardcore is fairly awesome.
  3. Daft Punk- Got me into the electronic music, which is probably my favorite genre.
  4. Nujabes- EPIC
  5. Lonely Island- Hilarious.

Rap is to me what phycobilly is to you.

Not a big fan of either, but phycobilly is better than rap will ever be.

1 Like

The only thing I am going to say about Eminem is that he is great because he has so much hate, maybe hate isn’t the right word, animosity, toward the entire world, he learned that when he stopped caring about what people thought of him, he was free to be himself, some, and I do mean SOME, of you will experience this epiphany in your lifetime, but MOST probably won’t, Marshall is a very talented and open artist, his lyrics convey more emotion than ANY other rapper has, save the Wu-Tang Clan, but they aren’t around anymore, and to be honest if there wasn’t a google or wikipedia, a lot of you probably would have no idea who Wu-Tang is, shame…

Also, yay for run-on sentences :smiley:

You can’t even compare them. Especially the skill, talent, and originality involved.

Zero lyrical cleverness? Have you ever heard a Lil Wayne song? Im a bigger fan of Tupac, but to be honest, Lil Wayne is just so much fun to listen to.

Exactly

Starting to listen to rap is like the first time you saw modern yoyoing. At first, you think it’s weird, then you realize there’s more to it. When I listen to a sone, I look up the lyrics, break down the rhyme pattern, look for special rhyme patterns, translate metaphors and decrypt wordplay/references. Then, I listen to the instrumental and pick out the kicks, snares, basslines and listen to the instrumental over and over, focusing on a different element each time. Then, I listen to the acapella and try to understand the emotion the MC conveys without the distraction of the beat. It’s a full body experience that is only matched by reading Jay-Z’s decoded.

DMX is a peer (It’s also interesting to watch the VH1 storyteller special on him, provides backing to his lyrics)

I’ve heard his stuff, I’m not impressed. It’s all “Money, cash, —s” now.

It still doesn’t compare to rehearsing a band. And playing live with multiple people on stage. No comparison. Put a rapper and a band on stage without the production and glam. The rapper would fall very very far in comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K688ZSwaGEQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjE7g4pzSak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwaCAyn1F3s

This is for those who think Wayne is about nothing but weed money and girls.

meh,

“Shine bright like a sun ray” (dr. Carter) cant touch “My flow is sick like third world country tap water” (obnoxious, Immoral Tech)

So you do see that Lil Wayne is not all about weed money and girls. His songs have heart.

Some of them, yes. (I actually got Dr. Carter stuck in my head.) but he’s basically like Jay-z, they both know that if it’s not weed, money, girls, it won’t sell. :-\

pretty much

Go Mr. Mathers!

Yeah I guess you’re right. I just love Wayne’s voice though, goes well with his style. :smiley: