Will YYR make any more Draupnirs?

Was just about to say aha ^šŸ‘ŒšŸ½

I absolutely agree with all of this. The New Valkyrie has been a most pleasant surprise. Very different from the original. The only complaint I have is that the elevated profile of the rim makes snap-starts difficult for me. I do not know why. Every time; all I get is a snap-wobble.

1 Like

@AutobotVu they have you beat :rofl:

1 Like

Looks like heā€™s missing tempered rim

Honestly I didnā€™t even know Tempered Rim draupnirs existed until I read through the YYR Appreciation Thread. Didnā€™t think YYR was the company to do tempered rims :man_shrugging:

ask and you shall receive lol

Overdrive Draupnir restock - New color! - YoYoExpert Releases and Restocks - YoYoExpert Forums

The question was about YYR making more of the original, Japan-made Draupnir; not the Chinese Overdrive Druapnir.

YYR is making plenty of the OD Draupnir. Where is the original?

5 Likes

No, thatā€™s not what the OP was asking for. Thatā€™s an overdrive draupnir.

1 Like

I wish one day they would remove the ā€œOverdriveā€ from the title

Oops, my mistake yall

2 Likes

I am sure there is ample excitement that YYE is getting a restock of the OD Draupnir. There seems to be endless demand for that yo-yo.

Hasnā€™t YYR mostly moved away from Japanese production? Same as TP?

1 Like

Valkyrie is my favorite. Itā€™s no speed demon but the stability and feel on the string are nice . I think one of my top 3 current favorites

The original design or the Newer updated model?

Andā€¦. Do you have a Chopsticks Gorilla?

If you have the updated Valkyrie and a Gorilla, can you compare the two?

2 Likes

I have the new Valkyrie and the gorilla both are great. I would say they really arenā€™t too similar other than the shape . The Valkyrie is a tank stays on plane super well , can be a bit sluggish but once you get it going it stays going . Horizontal which I am horrible at is not that bad on this I thought it would be much harder because of the weight but it holds itā€™s plane really well here too .

I would say the chopstick gorilla is very stable especially for a slightly undersized yoyo. If you like to do a lot of tech this might edge out the Valkyrie, it also does accelerate better but I would say gets edged out on spin time by the Valkyrie.

I think if you like this type of shape , like I do both would be a great option. If you want a tank that will spin forever get the Valkyrie, if you want something with a bit more speed that will fit well in tight space tech tricks the gorilla may be the one for you. Persobaly I like the Valkyrie itā€™s almost therapeutic in how it plays because it spins so long and stays so stable.

Hope that helps

9 Likes

Thank you. What a clear and very understandable explanationšŸ‘šŸ¼

4 Likes

You have two Draupnirs? I always thought you were primarily a man of organics!
It seems like the Draupnir has always been the poster child of horizontal and speed performance.
(Are you developing a secret love for lightweight bimetals and competition tricks? :wink:)

1 Like

i HAD two draupnirsā€¦ā€¦ and itā€™s a masterpiece - i have to find another. i admit it stuck out in my collection has a piece i could turn to to be flexible with tricks and try things outside my normal
comfort zone. iā€™m on a march to find one again. it still sticks out amongst a variety of other bimetals iā€™ve tried, it does itā€™s job quite well

and iā€™ll
admit @nightshadow your cheeky humor and biting wit has kept me intrigued in all things HZ

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a kind way of putting it. Perhaps a more realistic description would be putting my foot in my mouth haha.

But you never know, keep up the Draupnir love, and I might walk in on you throwing a behind the back horizontal combo on a V shape quad metal some day.

2 Likes

POM Draupnir better than Draupnir IMOā€¦sold my last OG Draupnir but wish I didnā€™t :cry: