Why is this happening?

So I got my brand new Yeti in the mail today

And it’s responsive

I can’t figure out why it’s responsive and I’ve had it for a good 10 minutes now

Help?

Clean the bearing?

wait for the bearing and response pads too break in if its still responsive after awhile then clean the bearing

Should I just play with it for a while?

(In a king like voice) I declare that this bearing shall be sentenced to a soak in acetone. Then a brutal spinning on a pencil tip. Due to the fact that this is a terrible crime he will also suffer throw an couple of blows via compressed air. That will teach him a lesson.

3 Likes

LOL

thats exactly what I do to clean my bearings

but throw it for awhile and see if it gets better if it doesnt then do what docter awesome just said

You should especially read the yeti product description…

Please note:

• Your Yeti might be responsive for a little at the start, since CTX Bearings come pre-lubed. This makes for a smooth long lasting bearing. So Your Yeti might be responsive at the start. No worries though, it doesn’t take long to break it in. We’ve chosen these bearings because we believe that the break in period is easily worth the quality and performance.

Keep playing it longer. CLYW says they ship it lubed(I’m sure lightly). Come back after you’ve broken it in for another couple of hours.

I fixed the problem after following the king’s orders

Thank you!

Glad its fixed! have fun

From clyw.ca:

The bearing spacers on the Yeti fit tight, which is important to get it tuned right, but nevertheless it makes it hard to take apart and so we have included a free set of spacers in each box.

• Your Yeti might be responsive for a little at the start, since CTX Bearings come pre-lubed. This makes for a smooth long lasting bearing. So Your Yeti might be responsive at the start. No worries though, it doesn’t take long to break it in. We’ve chosen these bearings because we believe that the break in period is easily worth the quality and performance.
  • Each Yeti was hand tested before it goes in the box to ensure that it meets our standards of play and vibration tolerance. Some vibration is permissible during our testing process, but we have tuned each to ensure that this level of vibration is at a minimum.

Its a good thing you read through the thread, because no answer was found, and nobody proposed THE EXACT SAME info as you… ;D

1 Like

lol

Its always the bearing. Even vibe is beAring related!

Why do people still response to these posts?

Because we want to help people. Even if the people are too lazy to search, read disclosures/disclaimers/warnings, or otherwise can’t be bothered to make an effort, there are those of us who do make that effort.

I read the CLYW site and they said that the center trac is pre lubed so either clean the bearing or just play with it and let the lube break in.

really, oh boy :o

CTX bearings come pre-lubed in all CLYW’s so they will be responsive until you break it in