why i hate ten balls

wait wait wait now… the bearing wouldn’t come out… so you smashed it?

i generaly dont have problems removing the bearing including with the tool, but ocasionaly they get so stuck its like theyve fused with the yoyo…had to be done

You’ve found this only happens with 10 balls, different ones, and also with the same bearing in multiple yoyos?

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

just ten balls in certain yoyos

I will never become “fused” to the bearing post. Allot of yoyos have very tight bearing posts. You just need to get a pair of pliers of some sort and start wiggling… dont just pull it it will never come off like that. Dont ever “smash” anything.

Actually it can become “Fused” its called galling. Microscopic bits of aluminum from the bearing seat post and steal from the bearing transfer from one to the other and causes them to stick together.

Yes, but it’s not going to happen from just putting it on there.

if its a tight bearing seat the the bearing generally scrapes the anno on the posts off. then you have raw aluminum on steel. if there is sufficient force between bearing and post, all it takes is a little time and some temp changes. aluminum, like other soft metals, galls fairly easily. you dont see it too often because there is no movement between inner bearing race and post, but it does happen

As others have noted, this sounds like a matter of the bearing seat on the yoyo galling - that happens over time when a bearing seat is too big or tapered and you can tell that it’s happening because the the anodization gets worn away.

I dont get this one…
Is it pretty punny?

Hey Guy!!

Huh?

Who ya talking to?

Is that what you mean?

More like people cracking jokes ive hear a billion times before. People think they’re original.

Oh, that could get very irritating.

It’s strange. I’ve played some yoyos that are really, really well engineered and constructed which have this issue. I have to wonder if it’s not sometimes a conscious choice. Also, cake.

Um… Cool?..

Yes, yes I do believe cake is the answer. Also, windex.

I have no idea what any of these comments are about, but

Stick the yoyo in the freezer for at least a hour

What did the blanket say to the bed?

Don’t worry, I got you covered

The comments are about it’s not the bearing but the seat

And also cake. Or windex.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Lovely.

…SSsssss…

and Lysol. Don’t forget Lysol.

…SSsssss…