Who inspires you in terms of art and creativity?

Hey @jeffreypang911!

You have shown very impressive skills in video editing, photography, design, presentation, and story telling.

Curious - who (specific few names maybe) from an artistic angle has inspired you in life?

3 Likes

I think for a long time Jason Lee inspired me a lot with traveling and photography, and was a huge reason why I started traveling too. I love Alec and Arron’s stuff a lot since their personalities show through so much in their work.

With video, I tend to pick a song first then like try to visualize how that song makes me feel then translate it into something visual. Like the second part of the Japan worlds video is a good example of that. The color grading is like darker and more serious. Or the Iceland video with Alt-J song. So I would list a lot of music artists that I’ve used for inspiration.

Design wise, I think Dieter Rams is a huge inspiration. Stuff he designed like 20 years ago looks modern still. It’s incredible.

6 Likes

Figured I’d share those videos for everyone else - so good! :heart:

6 Likes

Hah. You’re in that Japan part… I remember missing the last subway and taking the taxi. Hahahaha.

5 Likes

Wow, those were some sick vids! Everyone looks like they are having so much fun. Great stuff.

2 Likes

Haha. Yes. Missing the subway and we walked way too far through Japan in the middle of the night before we did get a taxi!

4 Likes