Which is the better MagicYoYo, Y01 Node or the Y03 Hertz?

I’ve heard good words about both magic yoyos, but I have trouble deciding what to get. On one hand, the Y01 is cheaper and has a 10 ball bearing. On the other hand, the Y03 Hertz costs about maybe a buck more and has this nice organic shape I like.
I guess the tiebreaker question would be: which magicyoyo does better grinding and fingerspins?

Thank you for taking a look at my posts. I can’t wait to see the feedback later.
P.S. I already know there are tons of cool, superior yoyos out there. I’m just deciding on these two yoyos.

1 Like

I have both that I got (as even more of a newbie) last year after hearing Dylan Kowalski recommend them. I never thought of the Y03 Hertz as organic. It feels more like a competition shape to me, but maybe it’s more of a rounded V. I prefer the Hertz, but I’m not 100% on why. Maybe it’s lighter or feels lighter. Someone else will have to comment about grinds or fingerspins, I don’t feel qualified there (though there’s a nipple in the center of the Node hub so that might answer it). I’ve got a brand new Node I’d be happy to sell btw:

2 Likes

100% the Hertz, it’s just overall a better deigned yo-yo. Honestly plays like $50 yo-yos for less than half the price.

3 Likes

The Hertz surprised the heck out of me. I play that yoyo more than any of my others. For the price, it’s a good one to have in the collection.

2 Likes

I’m guessing the Y03 Hertz is better from the community reviews. The Y01 Node was meant to be MagicYoYo’s updated N12, but it never really quite got to where it wanted to be. The biggest difference between them is probably their weight, the Y01 Node is much heavier than the Y03 Hertz and will hence feel more solid and weighty. If you prefer lighter, faster and more agile yoyos the Y03 Hertz would the yoyo to go with.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments. I got a hertz yoyo. Love the shape and weight of the yoyo. Who knew something with light weight can have a pretty long, stable spin?

3 Likes