Which companies are doing the most innovation?

i say, just like each member of the forum, each company has its own spin on things (haha, see what i did there?)… they really work hard to deliver products that we will like… and since different people have different likes and dislikes about yoyos, signature serie yoyos do a pretty good job of answering that issue… innovation? well, we are talking about yoyos, not space propulsion engines, so you get more of a trend than super big changes, so things will change slowly…

Duncan. The metropolis is amazing as well as the echo. They are also some very,very nice people to hang with.

… rapidly growing a varied line is innovation? By that definition it will hard for any established company to fulfill your requirements.

Bandai released a motorized yoyo and the Hyper Cluster system in Japan this year. For my mind, that makes them the most innovative of 2011.

I really want to see the motorized design put into a metal yoyo with a nice shape and some stability.

I agree about the need to grow the large yoyo line vs. a small manufacturer. Clearly, a OneDrop does not need to cover nearly the consumer-space as a large company like YYF or Duncan. So I concede that this activity is part of large company innovation.

By this same reasoning, it is hard for a small company to “innovate” like this - so it the comparison should still rest on new designs and new types of products since this is the only activity that the two companies will share in common.

IMHO.