When First Competing, What style of competition should I compete in. (Regional, State, Etc)

I need to know what competition to compete in first because PNWR is on February 22.

5 Likes

Whichever one is convenient? The state/regional distinction is only important for seeds to larger contests AFAIK.

7 Likes

I would say a small contest, state contests are usually smaller. At my first competition I completed in the ameture division at Florida states. It was kinda a nice way to get started without as much pressure of the pro division. Plenty of people start in the pro division though because there is no ameture at the contest they are going to. Also you might want to watch the Yotricks competition training series, specifically Gentry’s how to be a yo-yo champion series. Just make sure you have fun, because at your first contest if you don’t have any fun you might not come back to another contest. Good luck!

4 Likes

World’s.

#YOLO

5 Likes

If there is a state comp in your area go there first. If there isn’t, don’t sweat it. Just practice a lot and be well prepared.

1 Like

Really doesn’t matter too much, no matter how big the contest is it’ll still be 1-2 minute freestyle starting out unless there’s a wildcard.

3 Likes