What's the first thing you do?

What is the first thing you do when you receive a new yoyo? Do you immediately start using it the way it comes or do you start by changing something, ie; the response system or bearing? Do you change something immediately on one brand and not another? What do you do if a bearing needs breaking in? How long does it take for the bearing to become its best?

Thank you all and I hope you enjoy this thread

I play all yoyos stock, until I wear out the response. I rarely swap bearings. The first thing I do it look at the yoyo, then I put it on my finger.

for me it depends what i comes with… usually i wont use the stock string… and after a few throws i may change the bearing or lube it up… thats about it

You know how they say never to salt your food before you taste it. I always give the yoyo a quick play and see how it feels. Then I will change it to how I like it better.

I don’t really have any one thing I do to the yoyos I get. I right now have 2 fhz’s and 2 YYF 09’ Severes I have not even thrown. the fhz’s I have had for about 5 years.

i usually just give it a few throws and do some tricks. if i find that the response or bearing isnt to my likings i just swap them out and see how the yoyo plays with my own setup.

Take a few pictures of the yoyo, then play. I usually do stock with my own strings instead. (I kinda collect different strings.)

Like some people said, I’ll give it a few test throws. If the bearing is lubed, I swap it out with a dry one. I rarely change response. Thats about it.

I look at the response, and then I check the yoyo out without unscrewing it, and then I do a test throw, and then play with it. I keep it 100% stock no matter what.

agreed…

i use to fiddle w/ new yo yos…but that stopped a few years ago. now it’s more ‘bout yo yoin’…not so much the yo yo.

mgodinez

cloudy…

That’s pretty much what I do. I actually kind of enjoy braking in my bearings.

I put on my own string, I usually dont use the stock string. I like to check out the packaging and stuff before I play it, and then I just play it…

Unless its a FHZ then I tear off one pad and play it

I like to inspect it first after it comes out of the package and then try a few tricks with it. I only change string or parts if they need attention. Otherwise, I just play them stock. (PGM v2 FTW!)

I usually give it a vibe test on the first throw, play with it, and if it has slippy binds I’ll put a pad in. Or, if I don’t like the bearing that much I’ll usually throw in a bearing I feel best suits the yoyo… Like if it has a really nice grabby responce I’ll feel safe putting in a KK, or if it is a little slippy I’ll slap in a flat bearing and maybe change the pads, if it’s a yoyo I think I’ll use a lot I’ll usually throw in a AIRG or KK.

I play it for a while stock… then put a One Drop 10 ball bearing in

When I get a yyj without a speed bearing I can it and silicone it if it doesn’t have pads

i throw… then bind… :o