What 'unusual' styles do you do?

There are very few out there, which sucks but hopefully one day people will start getting involved in these unusual/sub styles and make videos.
You won’t find Leven anywhere because no one does it and I haven’t made any decent videos of it… yet, except for one trick.
You won’t find aznnboyaZ’s offspring unless he’s made videos showcasing it, although I really want to see this.

Loaf Style is pretty cool too… one handed tricks, Jon Bot is killer with those.

My buddy Josh (d4kn355) does a lot of double dice, it’s a really sick style if you can get into it, but I found it very challenging

Im weirddd

Excuse my ignorance, but what is double dice?

Counterweight with two of em attached

One sliding?

The sound of a sliding counterweight hurts my ears and my heart, even more so if the counterweights are dice

Yup!
One dice is fixed at the end while the other dice sliding. It is one step ahead of Astro.
:slight_smile:

The set up for double dice is different than regular 5a, usually smaller matching dive with same weigjt ratios.

okay for some reason (maybe cause I’ve only been yoyoing for 5 months)! I haven’t heard of any of those mentioned xD

1/2 A
Hidden eel
Slave
Astro

can you guys link me up with some videos ? or tutorials ? :smiley:

and for the thread! as far as I know, I know how to play 1A, Counter Weight, Moebius (few basic tricks for now)

THEN after I came up with my best creation I call 2.5A ;D I believe I have invented this(hopefully) :stuck_out_tongue: I haven’t seen anyone do it before, but

basically, I put two yoyos on ONE string ! you’re probably thinking how is that even possible but I use the counter weight to attach the knots of two LONG strings and attach 2 yoyos at the end. I’m not super good at it, I tried looping with it, IT ACTUALLY WORKS ! I tried unresponsive yoyos they also work but I was having a little trouble ! I tried one looper and one unresponsive and I just stood there not knowing what to do hahah :smiley: but it was fun! I mean I’;m sure if I work on it more I might come up with something big! or hopefully ;D

…I know im newish to yo-yoing and extremely new to 5A and even though i have lots of 5a moves down, but sometimes you guys really make me feel like i suck at it.

i thought that was called hydra Styles Of Play | YoYo Wiki | Fandom

I guess it is then ! I PLAY HYDRA ;D I still feel pretty good about myself hahahaha, I was just scared to look it up fearing that it exists :stuck_out_tongue: I guess it does ! but thanks for the heads up now I’ll have less trouble learning moves :stuck_out_tongue:

My slipknot has a tendency to get stuck, I need slicker string or something.

And for the entire thread, when I first started throwing I tried making a special style that involved making loops around your fingers when you throw, I didn’t know what to call it really, and I didn’t go much further than one or two tricks, but it was pretty fun actually!

What you are speaking about is a long lost style known as Hydra. There is different forms of hydra.

Hydra: two yoyos tied to one string.
Cherry: two yoyos two seperate strings tied to one counterweight.
A squared: two hubstack based yoyos tied on one string. Can pullstart both yoyos via hubstacks.

All these substyles you hear are styles that the general community does not commit to doing. This is why you do not hear about them.

[quote=“yoing4lyf,post:29,topic:53562”]
okay for some reason (maybe cause I’ve only been yoyoing for 5 months)! I haven’t heard of any of those mentioned xD

1/2 A
Hidden eel
Slave
Astro

can you guys link me up with some videos ? or tutorials ? :smiley:

and for the thread! as far as I know, I know how to play 1A, Counter Weight, Moebius (few basic tricks for now)

THEN after I came up with my best creation I call 2.5A ;D I believe I have invented this(hopefully) :stuck_out_tongue: I haven’t seen anyone do it before, but

basically, I put two yoyos on ONE string ! you’re probably thinking how is that even possible but I use the counter weight to attach the knots of two LONG strings and attach 2 yoyos at the end. I’m not super good at it, I tried looping with it, IT ACTUALLY WORKS ! I tried unresponsive yoyos they also work but I was having a little trouble ! I tried one looper and one unresponsive and I just stood there not knowing what to do hahah :smiley: but it was fun! I mean I’;m sure if I work on it more I might come up with something big! or hopefully ;D
[/quote

1/2A- grab half the yoyo, it unscrews, the other half a yoyo stays spinning at the bottom of its string

Hidden eel- a fishing swivel is utilized. The sting is held in place with a knot and can be pulled

Slave- really uncommon style in which a separate yoyo without string is used

Astro- a sliding counterweight is used. I’m not sure if the string is attached to your finger or not. A separate, normal counterweight as well as a sliding is double dice.

Wow… Epic quoting fail on my part…

Here you go! Probably one of my favorite Jensen videos ever :slight_smile:

The way that was filmed over the water made it look sooooo spacey.

Only problem is when I was messing with it I found a few things out. Rim weighted yoyos work best, YYf super long string works perfect for me, and there isn’t much I could figure out like new mounts, but it is amazing for body involving tricks, along with holding the string from your arm like it’s a counterweight sorta helps control the string.

That… Looks incredibly difficult…