What trends since 2006. Catch up.

I started collecting in 1996 thru 2006. I bought all the old and every new yo yo that came out. Metal yo yos were in their infancy. Tom Kuhn’s Yo Yo had just went into space. More and more short runs started to use aluminum then titanium. Designs focused to the butterfly with bearings. In 2006 when i gave up collecting them all I noticed most aluminum were made in the USA or Europe. I am sure now production has migrated to China. Some I noticed from YoYo Jam are stainless steel which I find kinda different.
Any old collectors out there that can help me catch up?

Thanks,
Roger

Not too many yoyos are high walled anymore. The walls have been made lower so horizontal is easier. Horizontal is yoyoing sideways if you didn’t know. Most designs are V shaped and H shaped to maximize spin time stability, and even assist for horizontal play. Still mostly aluminum though for the yoyos.

2 Likes

Size c bearings are pretty much the new standard. For competition throws there isn’t starburst or friction sticker response it’s a groove for some sort of silicone pad or pad of that sort. There are a billion types and combinations of strings now as well.

1 Like

My topic. Still alive and retired. Stopped collecting yoyos in 2015. Was a fun run from1999. Still have 4 walls however have sold some and gave some away… Life is good

4 Likes

Slim line responsive and fixed axle is making a comeback.

2 Likes