What to upgrade to from an Anglam CC

Who wants to tell him how much it costs? ;D

I thought it was like 580 usd so I thought I’d better ask.

Or should I get the Megatron instead of the Cliff because they both look appealing? So does the Equilateral.

They might do another run of dazzlers and make them available here at YYE. The first run was available through a malaysian online store, and with shipping and exchange rate, they were $710 each.

Between the time I bought mine, and the time I got it, I was hit by a surprised home repair bill, so I was feelikng like I was being irresponsible buying it. The very first time I threw it, I knew it was not a mistake.

Contact Andre here at YYE and see if you can get any info. The listed price was supposed to be $600. Who knows what they will be when they get here.

As for cliff vs. megatron. I don’t have a cliff. I do have a megatron. I like the megatron a lot. I know at least one person around here likes it more than the Hyperion, which is high praise indeed. (Yoyodoc? yoyogeezer? Can’t remember who).

I really like my Oxys. Megatron included. I am one of the few who doesn’t seem to go gaga for CLYW. I have a few, and they just don’t do as much for me as the High end Japanese throws. Or even as much as Deadly Spins.

I wasn’t here whne they released the Peak. I think a lot of people still love them because of the Peak. (This is purely ignorant speculation talking here.)

That seems too expensive. Is it that much better than the Anglam CC?

There is probably one Dazzler left overseas if really want one. And I mean “one” as there were two and someone bought one last week. But it could be gone. Somebody not on the forums could have bought it.

Can’t say if its better than the CC but can say its better than any other throw in my collection by enough of a margin to really notice it.

When I originally looked I couldn’t find any. So I’m thinking about the Megatron, Equilateral and the Cliff.

Wait, but what about the Isotope?

I feel like the reason lots of people like CLYW is more so because of the image they’ve created for themselves. Their throws are widely available, yet still have a ‘limited’ or ‘rare’ feeling about them. They’re the ‘hip’ brand that appeals to many, the younger population especially, and have a lore/backstory not many other companies do.

While the Peak definitely did start up the brand, most people nowadays haven’t been around long enough to truly experience the Peak. Sure, the Peak is a good yoyo that’s definitely talked about, but I don’t think people fawn over CLYW as much as they do because of a throw they made years back. :slight_smile:

As for the question at hand, I don’t see any of these yoyos as an upgrade to the Anglam CC. The CC is at the precipice of performance in the yoyo world, and I can’t think of any yoyo that would constitute as a definitive upgrade.

I like both the Cliff and Megatron, but they fill two different roles. The Cliff is a favorite of mine–it’s a massive, fun throw that’s best used to just relax (this is not to say it’s a slouch when it comes to play). The Megatron is a great performer and feels a bit more ‘serious’. I personally like the classy look of the Megatron, and the feel in the hand. It’s one of the smoothest throws out there at a very reasonable price. But, all this said, it’s up to you to decide what you want to be doing with your new yoyo.

The isotope is great. But in my mind, again, a top performer like the anglam cc.

If you just want some top quality variety, and of the yoyos you mentioned will give you that.

If you want to try to top the Anglam CC, get a dazzler if the last one is still available.

What’s the difference between the Sleipnir, Gleipnir and Draupnir and which plays the best?

You mean other than the weight, size, shape, and materials? There’s no “best” in this hobby. They’re all great throws, personally i’d go for the Draupnir or Sleipnir as i found the Gleipnir a bit heavy for my liking, but you haven’t really mentioned your preferences or what exactly you’re after so who knows. If you’re legitimately looking for something that plays better than the Anglam CC then i don’t think you’ll find it, plenty play differently, but the CC is capable of doing any trick you’ll ever need, so maybe explain to us what your goal is.

I think this is true, except the dazzler and possibly draupnir. From all reports these 2 yoyos seem to play better than the rest of the industry offerings to all who have tried them.

My advice:

1. Find the last dazzler. PM anyone who says they have one. They’ll tell you where to get it. If it is gone, or if you prefer, e-mail andre and see if he’ll get you one.

if this is too expensive then :

1. buy a draupnir. Those that have played these talk about them the same way that I talk about the dazzler. I think YYR found some magical phyisics laws unknown to other yoyo makers right now.

Otherwise:

1. Buy any of the other yoyos mentioned in this thread. They are all good. You can’t go wrong. (consider my B/S/T, I have many of them).

If you mention your preferences we could help further, but no matter what your preferences, IMO, the dazzler and draupnir are the only chances you have at getting a yoyo that is better regardless of preferences.

My preferences are:
Size = Doesn’t matter but preferably full-sized.
Weight = Doesn’t bother me either but I like middleweight to heavyweight.
Speed = I’d like it to play fast.
Shape = I haven’t tried many shapes so I can’t say much, but I seem to like the ones I’ve tried which are V-shape, H-shape and Inverted Round-shape.

Orbitron.

Where can I buy the Draupnir?

Direct from YYR. I’m getting a red one :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s the difference between the red one and the tempered rim one?

Is this a trick question?