What other yoyo's play like the 1st Run CLYW Avalanche?

If you’re a fan of the avalanche I think you should try the Zipline x Unspoken Honey Badger. Pretty much the same diameter as the avalanche, similar shape, width is almost the same, gap width is modernized, definitely lighter though but doesn’t lack power in my opinion. Great design. It feels like an Avalanche 2.0 to me to be honest.

It definitely does play a little different than the OG avalanche, i’m not sure if you are looking for something that gives you similar avalanche vibes, or plays exactly like it. For similar vibes get the honey badger for the exact same just get another avalanche. Just my 2 cents.

Avalanche
• Diameter: 55.5 mm
• Width: 43.0 mm
• Gap: 4.14mm
• Weight: 67.2 g

Honey Badger
• Diameter: 55 mm
• Width: 42.0 mm
• Gap: 4.45mm
• Weight: 63.37 g

3 Likes

I agree with @venom, the Honey Badger has Avalanche vibes but leans towards float with it’s lighter weight.

Want OG Avalanche vibes with some punch, then I recommend the Mowl Heterogeneity, and there is 2nd run restock, which I image will be available soon state side.

Heterogeneity

• Diameter: 56.00 mm
  • Width:42.90 mm
  • Gap Width: 4.50 mm
  • Weight: 66.10 grams

3 Likes

Then you have to explain that there are 3 different Honey Badgers as well.

I have one of these in my “keepers” case. Such a beautiful and crazy-good yo-yo.
Never even thought of selling it.

3 Likes

Hold up, what are these versions? I got one in a trade and have no idea which one it is haha

As I recall, the CAD file for the original Avalanche was destroyed in a fire at the original machine shop. I think it was Onedrop that created the second version. Since converting a design to CAD is a bit of an art, the second Avalanche had a slightly different feel than the first.

Please correct me if I have this wrong.

2 Likes

The only way to tell is based on the color ways since they were different for each run.

"We’ve been experimenting with 3 different iterations of the next round of HB’s. The idea behind the changes in the 7068 v1 was to noticeably display what can be done when you switch to a denser material, and alter the weight distribution. This is not just the same design with a new material, it’s a fresh take on how to take advantage of 7068.

The dimensions are pretty much the same as with the 6061, but we’ve thinned the walls, dropped the overall weight, and sifted the mid/rim weight ratio, favoring more towards the rims. The Original HB is 63.5g and this one weighs in at 63.05g On paper, it might not seem like much, but if you’ve played the previous one we promise that you’d be able to tell the difference. The new 7068 v1 is quite elegant - it’s light and fast, while being incredibly stable."

2 Likes