What is this trick?

Screenshot%20(29)

7 Likes

I’ve been wondering that too.

2 Likes

Suuuuuure you have…

Quit lying Evan :smirk:

1 Like

That’s funny! I have seen that banner a thousand times and wonder what is was. It’s funny because as many times as I have visited @YoYoExpert and @YoYoExpertGarrett, I have never thought to ask.

3 Likes

wait, you mean you don’t land in that when you do brent stole? :grin:

7 Likes

I knew this looked familiar… Thanks @MarkD! haha

2 Likes

Why would I lie about that?

1 Like

Oh I don’t know lol. I was just being sassy

2 Likes

Oh, I took that seriously. :joy:

2 Likes

By figuring out the player, we can figure the trick, is it @YoYoExpertGarrett or @AndreBoulay or someone else?

1 Like

I believe this trick is called, “Ladder Escape.” If I’m not mistaken, that’s part 2 of the trick. Here’s a link to a tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDOF1W9SwyI

1 Like

Not it chief

2 Likes

Here’s another tutorial of the same trick:

Skip to 3 minutes and 23 seconds into the video. You will notice that by adjusting the throwers hands a bit (every thrower’s hands will look slightly different while performing such tricks) you’ll get the same string formation as the one in the picture above.

5 Likes

^That’s not the same formation.

1 Like

pretty sure it is. IMO

1 Like

Okay, after wasting all that time writing the differences in the formations (which can be found at the bottom of this post), I watched the tutorial to see if that formation happened anywhere else. I found it! I came back, and noticed the above sentence. Doh… I had paused the video at 3:23!

The only difference is the twist on the thumb, and the TH middle finger being pulled back, but I think @Drakkar must have it.

Imgur

Disregard the rest, but I couldn’t bring myself to erase it…

• In the 1st pic there is a single loop going around the NTH middle finger creating a singe quadrangle on that side. There are two loops there in the 2nd pic, and a triangle within a triangle.

• The loop around the NTH thumb is not twisted in the 1st pic, like it is in the 2nd.

• The top segment of the quadrangle around the NTH middle finger in the 1st pic, is looped over just the bottom segment of the loop over the NTH thumb. The top segment of the bigger triangle around the NTH middle in the 2nd pic, feeds over a twist that is forming the smaller triangle around the NTH middle finger.

• If the TH middle finger was extended out in the 2nd pic, I think the TH side would match.

5 Likes

Looks like you guys figured it out! That’s André in the picture and it looks like ladder escape.

8 Likes

Yep! Correct. Ladder Escape. I need to make an updated tutorial. :blush:

9 Likes