What is a essential yoyo for a collector

I wish I had a collection of all the Fast 201 colorways. That would be a cool collection.

I just buy what I like and enjoy playing and not worry about the rest.

I like to keep things simple. Yes, I have quantity. I also have quality. I do have 100% enjoyment.

I try to collect throws that have a significance in history

of course the no-jive comes to mind first
a free hand zero is also a must have
I think the genesis is also right up there

A freehand zero, should definitely be in every collection imo.

Any Anti-Yo

Any yyf 888.

I have a fairly large collection already, but there are a few gems Iā€™d like to add to it. An original Flores. A Duncan Litening. Several different rare Tom Kuhnā€™s. A handmade Eric Wolff. A Stradivari. There are several classic Duncans, Russellā€™s, Royals, etc that Iā€™ve seen over the years that arenā€™t super expensive, but they caught my eye. And I remember seeing something in Steve Browns collection that I loved. Something that Taka for him. I canā€™t remember what it was called, but it looked amazing.

I try to get ā€œdiverseā€? with it. Different companyā€™s, sizes, shapes, colorsā€¦ Almost any CLYW limited will go up in price. Still kicking myself over passing an OG peak for 100 about a year agoā€¦ Also the last run sold hereā€¦ I have a 2nd run though.

I have had a insane amount of yoyos come and go in the last year. The only ones that have stuck with me are a couple turning points. A couple clyw and a few other high end throws song with my first high end throw the 888x and genesis.

With all of these yoyos I kept them ether because they play great or because they mean a lot to me. However im a Vsnyyc fanatic and have dedicated all my bst history to growing this collection. Ironically the first vsnyyc was the 1 of 1 perfume cloud skywalker bought from heaths ā€œworksā€ charity auctionā€¦ we all know how that ā€œWORKEDā€ lets just leave it at that. Mess and crap aside I was simply amazed by its design and the insanely awesome anodizing done by og vendetta. It seriously is one of the most beautiful anos I have ever seen and I really mean that. Look it up. Its amazing. Anyways thy is what sucked me in. Since then I have grown this collection from one skywalker to 4 first run skywalkers 4 segment run skywalkers 4 d bearing skywalkers (literally just found out while organizing the case that I got 4 of each run lol thought it was neat) anyways then I have two battosaiā€™s a raw moonwalker and a mirror polished #19 ti walker. I am very proud of my collection expecially the skywalker end of it since its my favorite yoyo of all time. I still have a few I would like but I am happy with the groups of 4 for right now. Maybe since this mess my collections value has gotten knocked down a peg but honestly I couldnā€™t care less. I didnā€™t collect them to make a few bucks I collected them because I enjoy them and the hunt was more fun then finally filling the case. Im sure you guys can agree that the fun part of it a lot of times is waiting for the mail or checking the delivery confirmation number a 100 times a day hoping it cleared your post office and is out for delivery lolā€¦hopefully thatā€™s not just me :slight_smile: my point is I have had a blast with picking one company and mainly one yoyo and trying to get every colorway or version. Maybe its overkill to some but I love to open the case and see all the different colorways of the same throw :slight_smile: only need a swamp parts skywalker and white Knight skywalker to complete the skywalker splash colorway collectionā€¦ hint hint

Anyways collect what you love dont go into collecting something because you hope its value skyrockets even though it would be nice as far as having a nice little savings bond to sit on. Do it because you enjoy the throw and enjoy the chase :slight_smile:

^^^sorry about the goofy word choice or lack of choice. My auto correct likes to mess things up :slight_smile: