What do you like better? Finding your grail yoyo, or actually playing?

Time to learn some horizontal! :smile:

(Just kidding)

8 Likes

Found my grail.

And it gets played.

:grin:

4 Likes

I think there’s grails and The Grail for each of us.

4 Likes

I spend more time playing than hunting, though I really enjoy both. I recently managed to get a wooly markmont which was one of the last grails I’d been seriously hunting but now that I have it I prefer the original wooly marmot. Still not for sale. There’s a couple ILYY, yoyojam, early yyr, and project red yyf I would snag if I saw them, but I’m not beating the bushes looking for them.

My absolute favorite is finding the grail that I didn’t know was a grail until it fell into my hands. A few I can think of that did this for me are the tinman, A-RT 69 and quail, the original duncan mayhem, turning point collapsar and yyr chopstick gorilla. Sometimes it takes a lot of time with a yoyo before I realize, but that moment is amazing every time. That is what I really hunt for now.

4 Likes

I spent years trying to get a few yoyos, whether it’s a specific colorway of a yoyo or a specific number of a yoyo. When I finally get them, I’m always disappointed. I like the hunt.

8 Likes

I prefer to hunt for several months, or even years, and then come up empty. It’s a great way to save money.

9 Likes

Yoyos eat money fast for sure

3 Likes