What did you throw 2023?

How would you say the Impact plays overall? It looks so elegant and straight forward, Like a nice gal that gets right to the point :wink: I have the Futura and I really enjoy it but I think about that gal almost weekly.

1 Like

My travel case today

One of these is not like the others :thinking:

(Each has a different response/bearing if anyone was curious)

21 Likes

Sovereign with @jasonwongzero treatment :slightly_smiling_face:

27 Likes

Throwing these two today. Yoyofriends koi and CLYW ditch, courtesy of UKnown. Koi quickly became my favorite throw

26 Likes

I meant to post this at the end of March, but work was so hectic that I never had the chance. By way of explanation, this is my couch end table where I keep my “in rotation” yoyos. They’re usually new, but I will often bring in some old favorites to give them some love. And the wooden box on the right holds my all-time favorites, for those times when I’m really in the flow. I’ve decided it would be a good idea to take a picture like this at the end of each month, kind of like a snapshot in time as the yoyos impact my throwing
(and early mornings before work) so much. Feel free to skip the rest of this post if you’re not into walls of text!

On top of the box are my finger spinners, with the Basilisk being one of my all-time favorites for taking out in public. The colors and splash look so good when it’s spinning, and I can do everything with it (well, except for IRGs). The Edge FS 2.0 is such a good yoyo, and I think it plays far above its price tag. And the Angel2Up edition of it makes that fantastic finger spinner even better with those colors and that fade. Obviously, the iCEBERG is amazing in so many ways, as are both of the Solstices. Finally, the ILYY AbysmAL deserves a special mention for its cup shape, as it will lock into a perfectly symmetrical and centered spin in a split second, regardless of how sloppy I am with finger placement. Yes, dimples are great and that’s what I learned on, but this cup shape rules. I swear that I get a squirt of dopamine every time I feel that “lock”, it’s totally addicting!

On the left side is another exceptional finger spinner - the YYF American Liberty that I picked up after @bheinz63 said that it made DNAs “way too easy”. He’s spot on; it’s fantastic for finger spins, and the dimple shape makes it quite easy for me to do pull-starts.

The Motion Accelerated is a beauty, and I only have a couple of green yoyos so it really stands out - both in looks and performance. The purple vulture next to it has one of the best shapes ever! It’s a beast in the best possible way for me and makes me look far more talented than I really am. And as long as I throw it at an angle (instead of horizontally), finger spins are fantastic.

The Alt Bastet is great too, but I’m really having difficulty feeling the size differences between that and the Bastet 2. I can tell the D-sized bearing makes a difference in binding, but I’ll have to try throwing them in succession to see if I can sense the size variations. It’s one of those yoyos that somehow seems to lock everything in, making it seem like all the pieces work together to produce something that is far greater than the sum of its parts.

The Dressel Designs emotion is another great throw as it feels so comfy and the fade colors are top-notch. I know that the ‘joy’ colorway shouldn’t really make me happier when I throw it, but I swear it does, even if it’s just a little bit!

I love it when One Drop re-releases older models, as that gives me a chance to get some yoyos that were originally released before I got back into the hobby. The Sugar Glider is really nice, and the Diorama next to it is one of my favorites. I’m a big fan of solids, but wow did they release some nice colorways for the Diorama! The Sun Splash (shown), Shadow Kat, and Nearly Nagle are all works of art, but the solid red hits that perfect hue for me resulting in a splendid candy apple red.

The Capstan 22 at the bottom left blew right past any expectations that I had for it. It’s now one of my favorite “slim” throws, and not just because it’s slightly undersized with a D bearing. It’s so good on the string and feels to me like they modernized a “classic” yoyo shape, making it a much better performer than I would have guessed. Originally, I thought that the Reptile colorway was the ugliest yoyo I had ever seen, but then I saw a video of it spinning and I knew I had to get one. After spending weeks with it, my opinion has changed completely and now I think it’s quite attractive.

I’m hoping to post more regularly next month with just one or two yoyos at a time, but it’s fun for me to see them all together like a family group photo!

27 Likes

Where does one get an Alt Bastet? I have a Bastet and a Bastet 2 and I love them both.

2 Likes

The american liberté is such a fun yoyo. Glad you’re enjoying it!

3 Likes

Finally found my Yye Searching on the attic, Ive been “searching” quite a while for it.

(The pun was mandatory)

I deep cleaned it and replaced the internals, still plays great :smiley:

18 Likes

The impact is fun, but definitely a novelty outlier type of Yoyo. For unresponsive it’s just a punishing lesson in control and aim. I wasn’t having that much fun with it so I tried it with a slim bearing and it’s more fun but just as punishing for landing on the string. It’s also pretty heavy with all the mass compacted into one plane essentially so watch your teeth.

I kept looking at it because the shape looked so interesting. Probably had it in my cart at least five times. Eventually it came up on the BST for a little bit less and the itch has been scratched. If you’re still thinking about picking one up in a few months, just send me a PM, i’ll probably have had my fill by then, and be happy to sell it. Though if I remember right, it’s not that expensive. Even new.

3 Likes

There is gold at that other American retailer, other than that there are more color options on the Japanese sites

3 Likes

Threw this Spitfire for the three free minutes I had yesterday. Today I’ll spend some more time with it before it goes back into the car, where it’s kept. You never know when free/wait time will be on your hands out there in the world.

22 Likes

What is the book that the spitfire is leaning on?

1 Like

33 Likes

YoYoFactory x Kentaro Kimura Turning Point Proton
This is my daily carry and has a lot of battle scars on it. It is so stable and powerful. It blows a lot of my bimetal throws out of the water.

21 Likes

“The one and only Yoyo book” by George Malko

3 Likes

Easy like Sunday morning…

36 Likes

Lab Experiment

42 Likes

So cool!

3 Likes

30 Likes

Never seen this one before, very cool piece :+1:

2 Likes