What did you throw 2023?

I’m still not sure how it’s hard to control, but keep at it! It’s a great throw.

1 Like

I’m just getting used to how dang FAST I can go with it lolol

1 Like

I grabbed one of these too and felt the same way. Like it’s easy to work on speed with the xx. My theory is that because the xx is plastic, it feels less dangerous to push into that uncomfortable speed area. Like I should have been able to go faster with some of my metal yo-yos, but it felt too sketch and I was psyching myself out. That guy made me feel able to practice speed without feeling scared Im about to destroy my hands when I mess up. Now I feel much better about trying to push speed with all my Yo-yos and it’s all thanks to the xx lol.

Edit: @Benthrowsyoyo I meant to reply to you directly

5 Likes

Riding to work with my ZG crew. Qi and el MiJo.

31 Likes

This is what has been on my desk lately.

39 Likes

So clean!

In contrast, here’s my total mess! Time to clear my desk off to dust and organize :sweat_smile:

31 Likes

My picture was a very small portion of my messy desk lol. I think I see a Beater and GOPA though

6 Likes

Yes! GOPA is a total GOAT!

4 Likes

Got the day off work so I’ll be busy throwing this bad boy all day.

28 Likes

Time for a Spring Cleaning on my desk as well.

29 Likes

They add up so fast. This is almost half of my collection LOL

Although I guess being in the middle of a mess on your desk means they’re seeing play, so maybe that’s a good thing?

As always Magnolia and Lisianthus are seeing the bulk of my play, but the Draupnir and Omnitron have been carving out a real niche in my rotation.

21 Likes

Is that the new Otter? I’m curious if the new one plays noticeably different from the previous run.

2 Likes

These need more hype.

23 Likes

If I throw these enough, maybe someday I won’t have to throw these so much…

19 Likes

I agree. I like all of them but the small bearing is the bomb.

3 Likes

Yeah, its a 2nd run. Its the same specs as the 1st Run, but it does feel a bit smoother, but that could just be pads and bearing, the new run came with a Center Trac not a Pixel. Quote From Discord "This new raft of Otters features a few minor tweaks to the design to improve weight distribution, reduce scrap during production, and smooth out the play a little. Always the perfectionist, Harrison loves to iterate and this latest iteration is much like Harrison; unassuming but thoughtful with a lasting impact. " The Ultimate Gray also has some brownish nodes in most light. The price also went up $9.99.

10 Likes

Havent posted a pic of the work yo’s in a bit, but I play these whenever I have a spare few mins

31 Likes

I don’t see this mentioned much but a portion of Otter sales are donated to Ocean Wise. So for anybody hesitant about the price of a 6061 mono, there’s even more justification for it.
https://ocean.org/

Very cool and on-brand. Just a brief little write up about the second run from Harrison for anybody interested. The Second Raft of Otters. I am excited to announce that the… | by Harrison Lee | Medium

10 Likes

Man that black in black weekender looks so nice.

5 Likes

its one of my favs! started my love for doc pops superblack series

3 Likes