What did you throw 2023?

Today Yoyofriends - Shortcut an absolute dead smooth beast for it’s price, it’s crazy how yoyofriends release a competitive yoyo product like that at this price point, I do not know how they did but they did amazingly, machining is perfect, anodising is perfect and is a beast for tech tricks and horizontal, really like this little guy!

In picture also my main throw the Zgrt - Qi that after 3 weeks of total mistreating, hours of playing, various dings and 1000000000000% humid in Italy, the poor guy is finally having a little rest and a new response system (the bearing did already a little swim in the zippo lighter fluid), should be ready in action tonight!

27 Likes

Couldn’t decide so…
• Deeper State
• Thing v2
• Moonshine
• Wildwood Mother T

29 Likes

VTWO by OD

34 Likes

Mowl Heterogeneity

24 Likes

Today’s theme is tight gaps.

A pair of Loop 720s and a Zipline Fixie.

24 Likes

G2sday

34 Likes

Very nice indeed.

6 Likes

Plastics tonight.
Da Capo, Shooting Star, Dove

25 Likes

I couldn’t decide on a color either. The dark purple has been one of my favorite colors. I have an OD+SF=SK that has one of the best purples I’ve seen.

27 Likes

This guy’s been such a great companion throughout the holidays. :beaver:

:evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree:

25 Likes

El Presidente!

26 Likes

Nice!

5 Likes

Well, I’m throwing an old Canvas…. Then I dig out a D7. Just slightly larger in diameter. But something I had not really paid attention to was the very similar inner rim/cup configuration.

So…. Since I always seem to be ‘fiddling’ with things, I decided to swap halves. Half old half new.

The results are so much fun, I actually think I’m going to leave them this way, lol.

33 Likes

OD… something or other… trying to throw one OD each day.

Edit- Dang2 … dang it’s a good throw, thank you @TheThrowingGnome for the assist.

34 Likes

This week’s line up. The Nitro has really been surprising me. So so different from the Intro

42 Likes

it doesn’t vibe or have any balance issues? I believe the weight of the D7 is 62g while the canvas is listed at 66g. That purple and grey half swap is really nice.

3 Likes

Dang 2 :+1:

6 Likes

Best throw of 2022 finally came to me in 2023. Top is 2016 BBB kodiak bottom is the 2022 BBB kodiak.

39 Likes

No…. No issues at all.

Matter of fact, this Canvas I got ‘very used’… seems to have been introduced to hard surfaces on at least several occasions.

I never owned a Canvas when the were released or even years later. For whatever reason, I just wasn’t interested in what appeared to be a somewhat bland design.

One day when I was sorting through yo-yos I acquired in a collection, I reached down and pick up the semi beat ole gray yo-yo. Geese… Smack-a-billy Junior🧐 <> this thing has kissed the ‘Canvas’ a few times, lol.Even the string looked sad.

Within 30 seconds of throwing it, I knew I would never sell it. I bonded to it almost instantly. Feels sorta solid/heavy on the string. Not the smoothest or longest spinning. But, it’s almost like Jensen glazed it with Magic dust. It’s amazing.

The D7 is obviously lighter feeling(because it’s a lot lighter, lol). And the D7 is perfectly Smooooooth spinning and no vibe coming up the string. And, slightly different diameter(very slightly). But the shapes being almost identical.

This inspired me to just see what a half swap would do?

We have a Bingo!

Still pretty solid like a Canvas…… but a little more floaty. Spins strong. Each swap: gray and green and purple and gray, play smoother than the Canvas halves together I’m just concluding since the vibe of the Canvas probably resulted from the damage to both halves, the vibe was reduced when each funny half was paired with each perfectly smooth D7 half.

Certainly a pleasant and welcome surprise😁

9 Likes

Love my Dang 2! It has such a unique feel and it just shreds.

6 Likes