What did you throw 2023?

This is the craziest thing ever bro.

Demanding delicacy and a firm hand;):thread::sewing_needle:

22 Likes

I’ve been playing the YJYoYo Radiance pretty much exclusively the past few weeks and wanted to share some thoughts.

The yoyo I want to compare it to the most is the Surveillance. It plays (to me) like a wide Surveillance with recessed silicone pads. The response system feels very similar to recessed silicone with the string proportions needed to bind properly and offers comparable snag resistance to well recessed silicone (I normally use the tip of a guitar pick). It also plays much lighter than I expected from the specs, similar to the Surveillance in my experience. I’d say the Radiance feels even a touch lighter but I could be off in that assessment, after playing it so much I could be a bit biased playing them both back to back now.

I really like how it plays, it totally makes sense as a signature for someone with Nam Dong Hun’s playstyle. The double rims look very cool but I’ve had to take a q-tip to them once already. The bind sound, which is an incredibly important factor in picking a yoyo up, is 11/10. This and the Mensch are at it for favourite yoyo I’ve played this year.

22 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the response system! I’ve been super curious to hear different ppls opinions on it. Glad you got a Yoyo you really like also!

4 Likes

I have one! My parents made me a Yoyo advent calendar. every day there is fun Yoyo stuff.

6 Likes

Mustangs

28 Likes

funnest toys from A/RT

23 Likes

Hope yye stocks these soon

2 Likes

Been throwin’ this good ol’ Urchin these past few days.
It’s my first Spinworthy, and had at least four previous owners (@gcoomans @Malachi @mable @SammyCaboose are the ones I know of)
It’s one of those that feel so nice on the string, and probably half the reason why I still dream of a Knack XL. May I add that to my order again, @Glenacius_K ? :pray:

28 Likes

This yoyo interest me so much cause the response system, always looking for something “anti snag” and improvement in that area, wondering from your description if this yoyo will need silicone instead of the “standard pads”, also nice to know about the weight it was taking me off from buy it, I think maybe for Xmas I will buy this seems so cool!

3 Likes

20 Likes

It comes stock with standard pads. In my 3rd pic you can see the pads aren’t flush against the walls but I haven’t run into any issues because of this. I don’t think it will need silicone more than any other yoyo needs it, up to your preference. I’m sticking to pads for now.

If you get one I look forward to hearing your report after you inevitably grey it up!

3 Likes

Throwing some buttah in the pan.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :yo-yo::butter::cut_of_meat::onion::mushroom:

27 Likes

Titans

26 Likes

What yall doing

28 Likes

Magnolia Gold

Hydrangea and AlphaLine

32 Likes

Custom Duncan