What did you throw 2023?

@addiction77

I think you’ll really enjoy this comparison!

21 Likes

21 Likes

I keep that Thing on me

25 Likes

Can you tell me what that is?

1 Like

Yoyofactory lowerkase

4 Likes

Why did I think recently adding thick lube and seeing if I can land kwyjibo was a good idea :sweat_smile: My palm is bruised.

18 Likes

ouch. been there. it is possible to land kwyjibo on a fixie too.

2 Likes

3 piece

24 Likes

I can get the first hop but the second hop usually bites me. It was a lot easier before I lubed it but I want to learn to with it like it was new. It’s hard, I only got it a couple times. It seems like when I pull my hands apart to bring the string up it helped. Got any good advice to land it? Pop n fresh is another rough one.

2 Likes

Keep all the strings tight! Any amount of slack and it will bind, especially freshly lubed

5 Likes

what adamantium pops said… i learned on responsive and beat the snot out of my hands alot early on. the second hop i suggest try to pop it out and over where your throw hand will be once your arms are uncrossed, so there is tension on the string as long as possible. and also pop it like its an eli hop and go as high as you can before bringing it back down. and of course lots of practice.

edit: to get this to work on a fixie i even have to take a little torison out of the string so its not gripping the axle really tight. so maybe don’t throw freshly lubed, work it out a bit. Also, try to practice with a slower spin or at the end of a combo, not right after the hardest breakaway you can muster. its a little less snaggy at lower rpms generally.

5 Likes

Thanks guys. Im gonna work on it this weekend and give them tips a try. I might switch over to my YYF whip so it’s less weight biting me when I mess up. Hah

3 Likes

Weight (or the lack thereof) can be a double edged sword when it comes to knuckle hits. The lighter throws accelerate quick.

5 Likes

another tip i’ve been working with when playing responsive that really helps to keep the string under tension: on the first hop, focus on sliding your NTH along the trapeze string as you under pass and ccross your hands, and then do the same with your TH as you uncross them on the second hop. the yoyo responds when there is the slightest bit of slack in the string, so keeping it taught will help with form and not busting knuckles lol

4 Likes

Man, i thought it was a bigger difference than that! I wonder how much different they actually play. Glad to see it got there without a hitch!

2 Likes

old and new classics.

26 Likes

The LW is actually noticeably faster!

2 Likes

A4 and Peak! A recent favorite with an all time favorite.

35 Likes

Love my A4 and your Peak is one of the best reds I’ve seen :hugs:

5 Likes

Is that Dye job from calico Joe by chance?

2 Likes