What did you get in the mail today? 2021

I think I need to own one of these. Where did you land it?

2 Likes

Might have been A-grade dead stock. Such a pleasant throw!

5 Likes

Now entering a Deep State:

Had to swap the blue ultra lights in:

34 Likes

Off of the BYYA Facebook groups classifieds I’m afraid.

3 Likes

Need some company @Raindog3030 in the Deep State? Think I’ll join you :slightly_smiling_face:

30 Likes

@d4nnyb0yy is selling one right now! At a great price as well!

4 Likes

Definitely dead stock, I saw like tons of these on the store even when they were on sale.

2 Likes

Titanic is a lot of fun. If you like a H and Iyoyo you won’t regret it.

6 Likes

Xin

17 Likes

Hi. My name is Rob and I’m addicted to buying yo-yos.
I seriously need to stop buying more. At least for a while. Or until the next cool thing drops.
I don’t think it needs to be said once again but it’s a OD so you know it plays as good as it looks. And this thing is beautiful.

36 Likes

Hi Rob. My name is Ryan and I’m also a yo-yo buying addict.

18 Likes

Got a hinemosu today and it plays very different than what I was thinking. It’s very different than the palpitation but it still has the stability and accuracy. I would say it plays heavier than it is so it definitely takes some adjustments when throwing. If you think bimetals are too rim weighted this is the epitome of rim weight. Also I feel like there is almost a lag sometimes that reminds me of my brass wisteria I had.

24 Likes

YYBA? Yo-yo buyers anonymous?

9 Likes

Where do I get one of these?

3 Likes

Bittersweet mail day today. I knew if I bought enough yo-yo’s I’d eventually get one I didn’t like. I just didn’t expect it to be a One Drop. While the Burnside totally exceeded my expectations this one falls short. I’m really upset too because this is my first Saturday market colorway. Also finally received my Buddha bearings over a month after ordering. At least JD threw in a few extras, but geez what a pain.

18 Likes

Try installing different side effects in it, like flat caps or ultralights. Spikes can look cool, but they are adding unnecessary weight sometimes.

4 Likes

What don’t you like about it? Just curious.

3 Likes

Just like I can’t tell you why I like my other One Drops especially the Burnside I can’t tell you why I don’t like this one. All the others just seem to have their own awesome personality and feel and the Silhouette just feels lifeless and uncomfortable to me. It’s dead smooth but just feel clunky on the string at least to me and I’m far from an expert.

5 Likes

I understand. It’s personal preference, not a defect. You can just resell it. I’m sure someone will buy it. Saturday market yo-yos always seem in demand on here.
So far I have not found that yo-yo I don’t care for. I prefer some shapes and weights, but I really love the diversity of them. One may feel floaty, another can feel powerful.
This is why we need a brick and mortar yo-yo shop where you can take a test drive.
I agree on the Burnside. That thing is on another level.

4 Likes

You just need to attend some yoyo contest’s when they start back up.

5 Likes