What did you get in the mail, 2023

Got a good deal on BST for a Nucleon from @ToasterV78. This yoyo is awesome. I have been playing with it for the past two hours now and Im really enjoying it. Super stable, lots of power. Really enjoy the shape and to today’s standards, the smaller width. I have been a fan of less wide yoyos lately. I was curious if the shape would be comfortable in the hand because it’s kind of a deep V but it feels great. I always thought this color way was awesome since I first saw it in a Kowalski YouTube video last year. That’s enough for now, I’m gonna get back to throwing it. :sweat_smile:

26 Likes

Nice haul! I been looking at the aces x. How do you like it? How is aceyos quality, is it smooth?

2 Likes

I had to squeak in a fan before the new year. My fan started shrieking like a banshee and I couldn’t get the bearings to stop. Then it finally seized up and smelled bad (fried motor) so I got a smart fan and it’s AMAZING. However, do I wish it was the Asora? I do. I really do. I can’t wait to see what everyone’s getting next year!

3 Likes

Wasn’t black and decker by chance?? Don’t ever buy there fans. Drill press yes, fans no.
Is it floaty??

2 Likes

Black and Decker makes fans?? Yeah, that sounds like something to avoid. I like their tool offerings, I mix them in with Makita and Milwaukee for work, but I’ll skip on the fan. This one is a Dreo PolyFan.

As for the Asora, no idea yet. I’m waiting to see if I move anything to get one. Looks floaty!

2 Likes

Got the Shutter Elite. It is a very good yoyo

25 Likes

I used to be a manager of a Black & Decker outlet. There used to be customers that would come in that bought in bulk and resold on amazon and ebay. I realized I could do it and I got fired over it because when I was hired they made me sign a contract that I wouldn’t sell their items online I guess. Ended up making more money selling their stuff then working for them in the end anyway.

We used to sell hampton bay brand ceiling fans at the outlet. I don’t know if they are even still around.

2 Likes

That’s genius. And I do believe my parents living room ceiling fan is a Hampton bay. So here recently at least they were still sold.

2 Likes

My last house had them, with a light kit. Fancy brass pulls.

1 Like

Aceyo’s yoyos all seem pretty smooth to me, especially the monometals. Other people have mentioned a touch of nail vibe, which I see in the bimetals.
The ace of aces came to me glass smooth, before I flung it at a chair. It developed serious vibe that was easily fixed with a rim adjustment. After a few bonks here and there, I feel this yoyo might need rim adjustments after every ding.
The aces seems very light to me. There is little noticeable rim weight, but it’s spin time is rather lengthy. Stability is great if you can hit the center accurately. When you land on rims, there is a lot of friction. Horizontal and overhead are challenging. Normal sidestyle and tricks you know very well are great with this yoyo. I feel this yoyo is more of a fun bimetal than a competition yoyo. Just stick to sidestyle and its great.

PS: matte rims are great. Fingerspinning with the engraving is not.

3 Likes

Nice! Thanks for the review, really appreciate it.

No problem.

2 Likes

:pray: thank you! :revolving_hearts:

I want one of these ssooooo baaddd!

2 Likes

A few of my latest purchases: G2 - Afterlife (RBG, RRR, Custom), G2 - Banshee Al7 & AL6, G2 - Mongoose, RSO - Burger, Monkeyfinger Gelada 2.0, G2 - Albatross, RSO - The Martian Second Invasion, G2 - Aftershock, G2 - Brass Arbiter X, A-RT - 4 'HUNNA, Monkeyfinger - Aotus, Monkeyfinger - Pixel Ape, A-RT - Yokel, b!st - Competizione, ILYY - Golden Abyss.

26 Likes

I think either this thread should close and make a new or should be renamed to 2024.

3 Likes

I made a new one just now :+1:t2:

Edit: well, I thought I had, but it isn’t there. Maybe I am not powerful enough.

2 Likes

happy new yoyo year

4 Likes

Lock it down

2024 has arrived

Happy new year everyone!

Let’s see what everyone gets in the new year.

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

:lock:

7 Likes